5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taller tire calibration

limechallenger

Reaction score
So, I want to calibrate my speedo for the taller tires I'm gonna buy. Just looking to see what everyone is using? I used a Superchips FlashCal on my 2014 Sport, but my current truck has the Hemi E-Torque so I want to buy something compatible.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, I want to calibrate my speedo for the taller tires I'm gonna buy. Just looking to see what everyone is using? I used a Superchips FlashCal on my 2014 Sport, but my current truck has the Hemi E-Torque so I want to buy something compatible.
alfaObd/Jscan, TazerDT, Pulsar in there order of price/recommendation. All will give you more features than just changing tire size.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I changed mine with my Tazer. Was off 4 mph at 60 comparing to the Waze app.

Took about 5 minutes adjusting my tire size in the Tazer settings. Most of that time was doing reboot/sleep cycles. Speedo is right on now. Easy peasy.

Poundfoolish_ZA

Reaction score
Hopefully one of you clever guys can help here, Im trying to calibrate my new tires but when I try I keep getting an error code. Im using a SnapOn scan tool. I have tried inputting my current size of tire as well as some of the smaller preset options without luck.

This is the error I get. I did not change anything with diff ratios. PXL_20240409_153659417.jpg

frisby5

Reaction score
Hopefully one of you clever guys can help here, Im trying to calibrate my new tires but when I try I keep getting an error code. Im using a SnapOn scan tool. I have tried inputting my current size of tire as well as some of the smaller preset options without luck.

This is the error I get. I did not change anything with diff ratios. View attachment 180787
I have not seen anyone use a snap on . Are you using a gateway bypass dongle or straight to the obd ll port?

frisby5

Reaction score
I believe you can only do changes using Alfa obd , jscan ,tazer or pulsar with gateway bypass cable.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

This is the error I get. I did not change anything with diff ratios. View attachment 180787
You will need the SGW bypass to make changes

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do you think the scan tool will work if I have the SGW cable or will I still need to go down the Alpha OBD pathway?
I imagine it will work. But either way, you will need the bypass even with alfaObd, so might as well buy that first and try

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
Not sure which one you bought, but I've used this bypass before and it worked well for making this change. It plugs into the gateway and then you plug your old tool into the other side of the harness. https://a.co/d/2VTr73g

Users who are viewing this thread