5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taillights

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Those are for the Classics so that limits most of us on here.

Stony0604

Reaction score
That's what I thought but it said they were for the new body style, so now I'm confused lol

"Fits Following Model(s):
1500 New Generation with Factory Incandescent Tail Lights
Will not fit Models with Factory LED Tail Lights."

Stony0604

Reaction score
Probably shouldn't trust them if they can't even get the right picture :ROFLMAO:

Stony0604

Reaction score
I think you would be better off smoking your factory taillights or buying taillight covers if you are wanting to go in this direction.
Yeah, I think I'm going to try that first. I bought the spray....but I don't trust myself haha i'll take it in

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a set of smoked Taillight covers that I will make you a deal on if you want to go that route instead. :cool:

Patriotback.jpg
AVS_Reart_Tailights_Covers.png
I decided to go with the factory Black LED's instead.

Stony0604

Reaction score
I have a set of smoked Taillight covers that I will make you a deal on if you want to go that route instead. :cool:

View attachment 62886
View attachment 62887
I decided to go with the factory Black LED's instead.
I appreciate it, but mine are just the halogen lights. I don't think those would fit. I did look into those. I saw a bunch of reviews that they fall off so easy. Have you had any issues with them?

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I appreciate it, but mine are just the halogen lights. I don't think those would fit. I did look into those. I saw a bunch of reviews that they fall off so easy. Have you had any issues with them?
I had the covers on halogen tailights. (I upgraded to LEDs that is why I'm selling them)

I had a problem with mine coming of with the factory AVS hook & loop.

I put the 3M Dual Locks on them and did not have any more problems at any speed.

Stony0604

Reaction score
Ooo gotcha ya. I thought you always had LED and just went to black. How much you selling them for? Might be a good temp option for me.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I forget to mention that I actually have 3 smoked taillight covers. :cool:

That is how I learned about the 3M Dual Lock Fastners.

I went to work one day and got out of the truck, and as I was walking by I saw that I had lost one on the passenger side of the truck. :oops:
(I did not even hear anything, but I do play the radio at a good volume.) :coffee:
(Could not find it on the side of the road on the way home as well.) :rolleyes:

So I had to order another set to replace it.

My loss is your gain.

The cost is for shipping USPS $24.20 . (Priority Mail)

3-AVS_Tailight_Covers.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread