5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taillight/Brake Light Issue (2022 Big Horn w/stock lighting)

Curley

Reaction score
Good morning! Last night, I discovered that my driver’s side taillight had gone out, but the brake light worked fine. As best I can tell by the manual, the taillight and brake light are the same bulb on the same wiring harness.

This is on a 2022 Big Horn with the base, stock lights (non-LED/non-premium). Has anyone else had a similar issue? If so, what did you find and how did you fix it (apart from replacing the entire assembly)?

Thanks for your thoughts, and have a great day!

DISCLAIMER: If I’m posting in the wrong forum, please advise.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A standard brake light bulb has a filament for the top half, and the bottom one also doubles as a brake light when you use the brakes. So if you have the lights on, it lights up like the top half of the taillight but when you press the brakes, it also lights up the other filament.
fBEsA.jpg

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pretty simple - just change the bulb. It's a dual filament bulb. So one portion (the running light in your case) could be blown, but the brake function can still be working fine.

Curley

Reaction score
UPDATE: I successfully replaced the bulb. It was a dumb question (I've fixed a few lights in my day); but my old pickup had a bad headlight wiring harness that I fought for quite a while, and I didn't want to deal with that again.

Y'all take care!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online