5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tailgate Wiring

dieseldork

Reaction score
Does anyone have access to the wiring or pinout information for the tailgate wiring harness? I'm trying to figure out which wire gets energized when the tailgate is open. Something tells the computer that the tailgate is open. I'm planning to wire up a relay for bed lighting, and figured I could get the trigger signal off that wire. I'll get power from the 7-wire trailer socket.

Thanks!
Andrew

Damion

Reaction score
Im no help to you at the tailgate, but theres a white/tan tracer wire in the drivers side rear door sill that is energized when the tailgate / cargo lamps are activated.

dieseldork

Reaction score
Yep. Thank Damion. If all else fails, I'll tap that one. I'm just trying to save myself from running wire all the way up there. :)

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have access to the wiring or pinout information for the tailgate wiring harness? I'm trying to figure out which wire gets energized when the tailgate is open. Something tells the computer that the tailgate is open. I'm planning to wire up a relay for bed lighting, and figured I could get the trigger signal off that wire. I'll get power from the 7-wire trailer socket.

Thanks!
Andrew
You can try this and see if it helps.

Attachments

• TAILGATE----LOCK-SYSTEM---STANDARD.pdf
    79.1 KB · Views: 135

dieseldork

Reaction score
Yep, thank you 202 Snowman. I believe that the violet/orange wire is the one i'm looking for. The "Liftgate ajar switch sense". I'm hoping that it stays energized anytime the tailgate is down. I should be able to tie it into my relay as the trigger. I guess I'll go digging into that loom up under there in the next few days and probe it.

dschweers

Reaction score
Yep, thank you 202 Snowman. I believe that the violet/orange wire is the one i'm looking for. The "Liftgate ajar switch sense". I'm hoping that it stays energized anytime the tailgate is down. I should be able to tie it into my relay as the trigger. I guess I'll go digging into that loom up under there in the next few days and probe it.
I didn't find that wire energized either way. Open or Closed.

Users who are viewing this thread