5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tailgate skins or protective film

Xoexpireu

Reaction score
Does anybody know of a company that sells or makes a protective film or skin for tailgates kind of like a cell phone screen protector? I do a lot of kayaking during the summer months and have to drive with my tailgate down transporting the kayak I want to try to minimalize any rocks or anything at all that kicks up and we'll hit my tailgate while it's down.

Jcalton

Reaction score
Does anybody know of a company that sells or makes a protective film or skin for tailgates kind of like a cell phone screen protector? I do a lot of kayaking during the summer months and have to drive with my tailgate down transporting the kayak I want to try to minimalize any rocks or anything at all that kicks up and we'll hit my tailgate while it's down.

You can go to any company that does PPF and they should be able to do that for you. It'd be the same as the clear bra that people get on the front of their vehicles, just on the tailgate. Wouldn't notice it once applied. Xpel is one of the most popular. Xpel offers a tailgate kit for $300. Others in your area may be more or less than that. And there doesn't necessarily need to be a kit, they can wrap it and custom cut/fit.

7amada

Reaction score
I was looking for skins too. Maybe add some color. I like hoe the ford raptors have black on the tailgate

Attachments

• 2224ECD6-84AD-456F-A689-F88F0C50D2AC.jpeg
    2224ECD6-84AD-456F-A689-F88F0C50D2AC.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 23

ericd

Reaction score
XPEL has a kit for the tailgate. Their product is awesome. Highly recommend.

1580328684599.png

Users who are viewing this thread