5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tailgate Ram Logo

DeanM2

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Ram 1500, Night Edition. I am pretty happy with the trim with one exception. I hate that Rams Head on the tailgate. Is it possible to remove the Rams Head, and add the large "RAM" letters on the tailgate? Which I believe are used on the Rebels.

I'd also like to remove that Rams Head on the center of my Steering Wheel. Any ideas?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
The tailgate is molded for the Ram head, so yes you can remove it but you ain't gonna be able to cover up that ugly spot.
The steering wheel Ram's head you are talking about is your airbag, so no you can't remove it unless you buy an aftermarket steering wheel.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can Have a custom made badge for the rear of the truck if you don’t like the Ram head.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2023 Ram 1500, Night Edition. I am pretty happy with the trim with one exception. I hate that Rams Head on the tailgate. Is it possible to remove the Rams Head, and add the large "RAM" letters on the tailgate? Which I believe are used on the Rebels.

I'd also like to remove that Rams Head on the center of my Steering Wheel. Any ideas?
As stated above, you can’t do the RAM lettering. But there are a ton of options for replacing the tailgate badge. You can pry it off and add a different one. Here’s a badge I bought when I thought I was getting a Rebel (which doesn’t work on a TRX, so now it is just sitting in a drawer).

1701311025586.jpeg

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Or you could just color match the badge to your exterior color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As stated above, you can’t do the RAM lettering. But there are a ton of options for replacing the tailgate badge. You can pry it off and add a different one. Here’s a badge I bought when I thought I was getting a Rebel (which doesn’t work on a TRX, so now it is just sitting in a drawer).

View attachment 171851
That’s a pretty bad@$$ design. Does it have any meaning or symbolize anything? Just curious.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
I too despise the Ram head. I would have preferred the lettering, but yea the tailgate is molded.

DeanM2

Reaction score
The steering wheel Ram's head you are talking about is your airbag, so no you can't remove it unless you buy an aftermarket steering wheel.
Anybody ever see a black plastic cover to go over that chrome Ram head on the Airbag? Or, can you pop it off (without deploying the air bag) and replace it with something else?

DeanM2

Reaction score
But there are a ton of options for replacing the tailgate badge.
Not really seeing a "ton" of options. Mostly Flags. I'd be OK with the emblem with "RAM" in raised letters on it.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had the large R A M on the tailgate of a 2017 Rebel and didn't like it. I always felt like it was a verb and not a noun, telling people to rear end my truck. :D Didn't help that my truck was white and the letters were black. Really stood out. I even tried covering them with white vinyl film, but it didn't fit right so I abandoned that. Eventually I traded that truck in on a 5th gen Laramie...problem solved.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Anybody ever see a black plastic cover to go over that chrome Ram head on the Airbag? Or, can you pop it off (without deploying the air bag) and replace it with something else?
It is part of the airbag itself.
My truck came with a black ram head, so you can likely find a part number for a replacement airbag with a black ram.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not really seeing a "ton" of options. Mostly Flags. I'd be OK with the emblem with "RAM" in raised letters on it.
C’mon man. You’re not looking hard enough. You could get this.
1701489597584.png

Or this.
1701489745317.png

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Or this. The description says it’s Canada, but no one would be so stupid as to put that on their tailgate.

1701490781951.png

Users who are viewing this thread