5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tailgate Open Warning Light

Captkent

Reaction score
So I’m waiting for my sgw and obd adaptors to arrive to use alpha. For those who have done it, enabled the tailgate ajar light. Is it under the body computer or sgw module. Can’t wait to get this enabled. Also will this allow me to program two new keys with the tailgate release button ? I’m assuming so.

HydroRebel

Reaction score
So I’m waiting for my sgw and obd adaptors to arrive to use alpha. For those who have done it, enabled the tailgate ajar light. Is it under the body computer or sgw module. Can’t wait to get this enabled. Also will this allow me to program two new keys with the tailgate release button ? I’m assuming so.
In AlfaOBD, you do go under "body computer". Once in there you select "car configuration change". If my memory serves me correctly there were 2 different things you need to check. One is ECUConfig 4: Tailgate Ajar Indication. This was already selected as "yes" for me so I left it as is. The other is CBC Config I/O: Connector F Pin 26: Truck/Liftgate Ajar Signal Input Present. This was set to "no". Changing this to "yes" is what made my tailgate ajar warning work properly including cargo lamps coming on with the tailgate down. Hope this helps.

Ram Man 727

Reaction score
I don't think you can program keys with the Alpha OBD. Keys need to be programed at the dealer

HydroRebel

Reaction score
I don't think you can program keys with the Alpha OBD. Keys need to be programed at the dealer
Actually, apparently you can. I haven't done it myself but supposedly all you need is the PIN number of your truck from your dealer. Word on the street is some dealers will give it to you no problem while others will not.

Ram Man 727

Reaction score
Actually, apparently you can. I haven't done it myself but supposedly all you need is the PIN number of your truck from your dealer. Word on the street is some dealers will give it to you no problem while others will not.
Good to know, thanks.
Let us know how you make out.

Captkent

Reaction score
In AlfaOBD, you do go under "body computer". Once in there you select "car configuration change". If my memory serves me correctly there were 2 different things you need to check. One is ECUConfig 4: Tailgate Ajar Indication. This was already selected as "yes" for me so I left it as is. The other is CBC Config I/O: Connector F Pin 26: Truck/Liftgate Ajar Signal Input Present. This was set to "no". Changing this to "yes" is what made my tailgate ajar warning work properly including cargo lamps coming on with the tailgate down. Hope this helps.
Awesome thank you

HydroRebel

Reaction score
Good to know, thanks.
Let us know how you make out.
Because I'm not currently on good terms with my local dealer (long story) I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of saying no to me about the PIN. Luckily, I'm happy enough with just 2 keyfobs so I don't really need it. There's also an android app that can supposedly pull the PIN for you. It's not free and I'm not sure if it works with 5th gen trucks.

Awesome thank you
No problem, good luck!

Captkent

Reaction score
So happy got Alpha ODB the obd2 adaptor and the sgw bypass and fixed it. The tailgate ajar light was enabled but the trigger wire was disabled. Thanks guys.

Now to get the new key fobs from the dealer and program them and set up the remote tailgate release.

HydroRebel

Reaction score
So happy got Alpha ODB the obd2 adaptor and the sgw bypass and fixed it. The tailgate ajar light was enabled but the trigger wire was disabled. Thanks guys.

Now to get the new key fobs from the dealer and program them and set up the remote tailgate release.
Glad it worked out for you! Good luck with the keyfobs.

aswain511

Reaction score
2020 Bighorn Level 2 Night Edition. On my spec sheet but did not work. I used AlfaOBD and now it works. Cargo lights also come on when I open Tailgate. Build date 5/20.

I also changed drls from low beam to turn signals. Amber against black paint looks awesome!

Also disabled fog light drop out with high beams.
Any chance you remember the settings in Alfa for all of this? I tend to get a little overzealous when pushing buttons so I'd like to take the word of someone experienced so I dont ruin my BCM.

Thanks in advance

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any chance you remember the settings in Alfa for all of this? I tend to get a little overzealous when pushing buttons so I'd like to take the word of someone experienced so I dont ruin my BCM.

Thanks in advance
I don't recall specifically but see post #47. I think that's what I followed.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Star Case S1908000193.jpg

Attachments

• TSB - Tailgate adjustment.pdf
    184.3 KB · Views: 36

Users who are viewing this thread