5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tailgate open message

jeff208863

Reaction score
I had a dust seal installed to help with dirt getting into my bed full of gear. the tailgate sensor began showing it was not shut all the time. i moved the passenger side stud rearward about 1MM and it has worked for the last hour or so. Great find and thank you for sharing.

jaymo1500

Reaction score
Thanks for the conversation on this issue, seems to be a very workable solution. I would like to ask anybody if they would know the part number for the latch with the sensor? It seems i have a 2022 Ram Limited with all the options except for the notification that my tailgate is open. Its caught me once or twice already after i was unloading something and forgot to close it. A notification (just like literally everything else that comes up) would be nice or at least an icon on the EVIC.

I would like to swap the latch for one with a sensor and activate within Alpha OBD. anyone have a good part number?

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the conversation on this issue, seems to be a very workable solution. I would like to ask anybody if they would know the part number for the latch with the sensor? It seems i have a 2022 Ram Limited with all the options except for the notification that my tailgate is open. Its caught me once or twice already after i was unloading something and forgot to close it. A notification (just like literally everything else that comes up) would be nice or at least an icon on the EVIC.

I would like to swap the latch for one with a sensor and activate within Alpha OBD. anyone have a good part number?

Whitey

Reaction score
I have a 21 Ram 1500 Laramie with the split tailgate and get the "tailgate open" message virtually every time I use it. When I open the right and left halves or open it in the normal way. I have to SLAM the heck out of it to get the light to go out. It is very annoying. The dealer said it was because I put the tri-fold bed cover on but, I can find no where that their is any interference. I am going to try adjusting on it to see if anything works. I wish a technician on here could show us where the sensors are located.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 21 Ram 1500 Laramie with the split tailgate and get the "tailgate open" message virtually every time I use it. When I open the right and left halves or open it in the normal way. I have to SLAM the heck out of it to get the light to go out. It is very annoying. The dealer said it was because I put the tri-fold bed cover on but, I can find no where that their is any interference. I am going to try adjusting on it to see if anything works. I wish a technician on here could show us where the sensors are located.

Users who are viewing this thread