5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tailgate open message

Boone Down South

Reaction score
So I have had my Rebel for 2 months now and yesterday was the 3rd time I saw this happen. Basically I turn the truck on and put it in drive and I start getting this message that the tailgate is open. So I go out and the tailgate is clearly closed and yes I probably was using the tailgate prior to starting the truck. Anyway the first two times I just chalked it up to an anomaly and maybe I didn't have the tailgate shut "all the way". Anyway yesterday when I finished fishing I loaded my kayak on to the trailer pulled up the boat ramp made a pretty sharp turn that you have to make and I notice I have that tailgate down message. My heart stopped cause I knew I made that sharp turn and I thought oh no I hope I didn't scratch up my tailgate. So I got out and sure enough it was not down it was closed like it should have been. Again I figured maybe I didn't shut it good. So I opened it shut it good then hopped back in the truck. Message pops up again. I go do it again and then it went away. Any thoughts on this? Every time it happened the truck was really clean too, so its not like I got dirt on the sensor or anything like that.

evanxrs

Reaction score
What happens when it is open and you manually close the clips. I have a 2019 rebel and some times i will close it get in and open tail gate comes on. Always resets when I close it a little more firm

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Boone Down South

Reaction score
Yea I will need to try that and see what it does. It did it again to me last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online