5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tailgate lock

sandrinm68

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to disable the tailgate lock so it can be opened when the doors are locked and no remote fob near it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
You can't disable it.
But you can add Passive entry ;)
You add an antenna to the rear bumper and when your Fob is close to it, You can open the TG without unlocking(Hence passive...)
I did it and it's awesome!

sandrinm68

Reaction score
Thanks. I’ve got passive entry but sometimes I don’t have the fob with me , doing yard work or whatever. Not a big deal, just means I need to go into the house to get it.

I don’t have a top or cover so the lock seems pretty useless.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. I’ve got passive entry but sometimes I don’t have the fob with me , doing yard work or whatever. Not a big deal, just means I need to go into the house to get it.

I don’t have a top or cover so the lock seems pretty useless.

It's not only to protect your stuff that's in the bed, it's also to protect the tailgate.
I don't know if you know it, but 1000's of taillights are stolen in the US every month. Believe me, you don't want to buy a new tailgate($$$$$$$$).
So not so useless.

Users who are viewing this thread