5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tailgate lighting suggestion

Hdean1989

Reaction score
Looking for suggestions on tailgate light bar suggestions that won't damage the truck but will also stay attached. Had someone made 2012 outdoors man I just would not stick stick ended up losing it in the long run.

Last edited:

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
How do you harness light-ning for your tailgate? Got my 🍿 and🥤ready for the show. But seriously, please expand on what you're referring to as tailgate light-ing.....

Hdean1989

Reaction score
How do you harness light-ning for your tailgate? Got my 🍿 and🥤ready for the show. But seriously, please expand on what you're referring to as tailgate light-ing.....
Sorry I am chasing kids around the house And using voice text lol probably should have read through everything before I hit send. I'm looking for a looking for a tailgate lightbar bar. Like a backup additional LED bar.

Hdean1989

Reaction score
I'm sensitive don't tease me lol. I'm already catching hell from my friends for wanting to modify my own truck calling me tacky .... But listen if I'm gonna spend all this money on a vehicle I'm gonna do whatever the heck I want to and if that's gonna be pink rock lights and a giant window sticker that says milf on it then so be it lol Do you have a brand suggestion?

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I'm sensitive don't tease me lol. I'm already catching hell from my friends for wanting to modify my own truck calling me tacky .... But listen if I'm gonna spend all this money on a vehicle I'm gonna do whatever the heck I want to and if that's gonna be pink rock lights and a giant window sticker that says milf on it then so be it lol Do you have a brand suggestion?
I'm not making fun of you-I having fun WITH you-I like to have fun on here!!!!

I have not installed a light bar on the rear of a pickup, but am seriously considering it on the new one coming. I really like the looks of the OPT7 Redline. My hang-up mainly is the only way to get this fully wired in so that the Trailer Tow Package and blind spot monitoring doesn't get all P!$$#d off is to hard-wire a portion of it and I don't want to have to tap/cut/splice ANY factory wiring if at all possible.

I'm sure there are other quality brands as well and you'll get a multitude of opinions. Bottom line, it's YOUR TRUCK to customize as you see fit. That's what's awesome about these trucks. There are literally millions of different ways you can setup the truck the way you like. I personally really like tasteful chrome, but there are a lot out there that prefer the murdered-out look and THAT'S OK. If all our trucks looked the same it would be a BORING world out there!!

And BTW, I think pink rock lights and the sticker you mentioned would be bad@$$ !!!!!!!

Hdean1989

Reaction score
I'm not making fun of you-I having fun WITH you-I like to have fun on here!!!!

I have not installed a light bar on the rear of a pickup, but am seriously considering it on the new one coming. I really like the looks of the OPT7 Redline. My hang-up mainly is the only way to get this fully wired in so that the Trailer Tow Package and blind spot monitoring doesn't get all P!$$#d off is to hard-wire a portion of it and I don't want to have to tap/cut/splice ANY factory wiring if at all possible.

I'm sure there are other quality brands as well and you'll get a multitude of opinions. Bottom line, it's YOUR TRUCK to customize as you see fit. That's what's awesome about these trucks. There are literally millions of different ways you can setup the truck the way you like. I personally really like tasteful chrome, but there are a lot out there that prefer the murdered-out look and THAT'S OK. If all our trucks looked the same it would be a BORING world out there!!

And BTW, I think pink rock lights and the sticker you mentioned would be bad@$$ !!!!!!!
Installing things is way out of my league. I am having a shop up the road do it for me. They said order whatever I want and they will get it installed. They installed my LED's on my old truck with a handy little switch in my dash so I'm going to let him do everything on this one and tell them not to void any warranties.

Have my windshield sticker ordered and it is being custom cut for installation Wednesday.

What I'm thinking about doing is rock lights but I can't decide a brand and how many because it seems like my options are in fours. I would like to change out my headlights but again there are a ton of options (leds for sure). The tail lights I like the blacked out version but there are tons of choices there as well and my budget is not super deep. And then I saw a smoked out 3rd brake light but i can just do vinyl. I guess I need to figure out where everyone is getting everything. Blacked out seems to be my way to go. I'm definitely adding a Winston sport brush Guard with led pods. Since the other one option is a replacement bumper that voids the warranty. I'm getting there. Ifa narrowing down. Brands and finding the best places to purchase.
The final thing is ambient lighting and floor lighting because ....kids and dropping stuff lol

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Installing things is way out of my league. I am having a shop up the road do it for me. They said order whatever I want and they will get it installed. They installed my LED's on my old truck with a handy little switch in my dash so I'm going to let him do everything on this one and tell them not to void any warranties.

Have my windshield sticker ordered and it is being custom cut for installation Wednesday.

What I'm thinking about doing is rock lights but I can't decide a brand and how many because it seems like my options are in fours. I would like to change out my headlights but again there are a ton of options (leds for sure). The tail lights I like the blacked out version but there are tons of choices there as well and my budget is not super deep. And then I saw a smoked out 3rd brake light but i can just do vinyl. I guess I need to figure out where everyone is getting everything. Blacked out seems to be my way to go. I'm definitely adding a Winston sport brush Guard with led pods. Since the other one option is a replacement bumper that voids the warranty. I'm getting there. Ifa narrowing down. Brands and finding the best places to purchase.
The final thing is ambient lighting and floor lighting because ....kids and dropping stuff lol
You'll have to post some pics when you get the sticker. :)

I can't speak to the rock lights at all. As for the ambient lighting I'm already on the wait list for Paragoptics LED ambient lighting and I'm REALLY excited to install those. I love blue interior lighting and these are going to look AMAZING. https://www.paragoptics.com/

Paragoptics Blue.jpg ParagopticsBlue.jpg

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I presume you have a receiver hitch on your BigHorn/LoneStar like I do? If so, how handy are you with two flashlights and a roll of duct tape? I'll bet you can Google an episode of The Red Green Show and he has a fix for ya! 🤣

Hdean1989

Reaction score
I presume you have a receiver hitch on your BigHorn/LoneStar like I do? If so, how handy are you with two flashlights and a roll of duct tape? I'll bet you can Google an episode of The Red Green Show and he has a fix for ya! 🤣
Lol im not putting duct tape on my truck

Hdean1989

Reaction score

I can't speak to the rock lights at all. As for the ambient lighting I'm already on the "hold list" for Paragoptics LED ambient lighting and I'm REALLY excited to install those. I love blue interior lighting and these are going to look AMAZING. https://www.paragoptics.com/

View attachment 109632 I Send them a message to be sure that they would work for my truck I'd write a bunch of forums and I wasn't a 100% sure

I can't speak to the rock lights at all. As for the ambient lighting I'm already on the "hold list" for Paragoptics LED ambient lighting and I'm REALLY excited to install those. I love blue interior lighting and these are going to look AMAZING. https://www.paragoptics.com/

View attachment 109632 View attachment 109633
I sent them a message to make sure they would work for me because I wasn't 100% sure. The blue looks nice I would like to be able to change the color but I'm not super picky about that. I just want to be able to see in case my kids drop or spill something. I don't know why I'm saying in case because they definitely will

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I sent them a message to make sure they would work for me because I wasn't 100% sure. The blue looks nice I would like to be able to change the color but I'm not super picky about that. I just want to be able to see in case my kids drop or spill something. I don't know why I'm saying in case because they definitely will
Kids don't disappoint in that regard but we love them anyway. Enjoy them while they're young. My "babies" are growing way too fast and now we deal with young adult issues.

I see Paragoptics is now going to offer an upgrade/retrofit kit to have the dash ambient lighting added to the footwell lights for BH trucks. Looks like there's a raffle. I'd sign up!!

Hdean1989

Reaction score
Kids don't disappoint in that regard but we love them anyway. Enjoy them while they're young. My "babies" are growing way too fast and now we deal with young adult issues.

I see Paragoptics is now going to offer an upgrade/retrofit kit to have the dash ambient lighting added to the footwell lights for BH trucks. Looks like there's a raffle. I'd sign up!!
I saw that! There are so many entries they should just give me one I'm cute ish lol

Users who are viewing this thread