5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tailgate LED handle?

ramhouston

Reaction score
has the LED light inside the tailgate handle always been around or is this something new for the 2022 model year? TIA!

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
At least one owner on HDRAMS has DIY the 2022 LED handle onto his truck. I don't recall if he had to splice into the reverse or bed light or was able to make it work with the factory harness (adding pins/wires) but the resident expert you-know-who07 would know.

I'm considering doing it and would probably wire it to both with a blocking diode but I already have too many unfinished projects.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am not sure ff this is the reason, but it sure a lot brighter on the camera when backing up at night than my 2019 Ram was.
If I had to guess your '22 has LED taillights and your '19 didn't. The tailgate light is very nice to have regardless.

George Bednar

Reaction score
on the 22's from what i've seen..
I remember being more active on this forum when I had my 19 Limited and the backup light were a hot topic. Many bought aftermarket lights and mounted them in various places so you could actually see in you backup camera at night. I would search and find a topic, but I really struggle trying to search this place.

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
Funny this is called out. After getting my 2022 Back Country it's one of the first things I noticed at night. I love it! I even made a comment to my wife about it. LOL!

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I remember being more active on this forum when I had my 19 Limited and the backup light were a hot topic. Many bought aftermarket lights and mounted them in various places so you could actually see in you backup camera at night. I would search and find a topic, but I really struggle trying to search this place.

Yeah - many a member added additional lighting and in various ways.

Users who are viewing this thread