5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tailgate latch

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
This is the one I bought, from Amazon.ca it was the cheapest place, it can boost the Hemi or the ecodiesel, I used it for my 4 wheeler today, my battery is not good.
I have that same one from Amazon us. Works great, our gas welder battery died at the shop I pulled that out of my truck and got some really wierd looks from my guys. None of them wanted to tell the boss that wasn't going to work. Needless to say started the welder right up like nothing, next week I walk into the shop and my foreman is on Amazon "Hey is this the one you ordered?". :cool:

Quint

Reaction score
Can you share which unit you have? Might have to pick one up just in case.....
Below is the one that I bought. I like mine but with changes in technology, I would do a bunch of research to see if they've gotten better. My guess is that there are plenty of bad ones but still a quality bunch of good ones.

1618254995006.png
Below are some links that I found with a quick search. I am not endorsing any of these, merely helping out:

kd908070

Reaction score
My Rebel has the tailgate release in the cab, might be because of the level 2 option, but I don’t have the tailgate open indicator like in the higher trim levels.
someone has mentioned about it. It's a electric button, so it's useless when the battery is dead.

sd2134

Reaction score
From an old post, I added locks to my Back Flip MX4. I did this in case of dead battery or a tailgate malfunction.
1636812144754.png 1636812144754.png

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I keep an "emergency roadside kit" under the back seat that I kept from another vehicle once had. It contains a couple reflective safety triangles, jumper cables, flashlight, small first aid kit. If the battery goes dead I'll use the key to unlock the truck and get out the jumper cables. If nobody is willing to give me a jump start I'll call AAA and wait for them.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I keep an "emergency roadside kit" under the back seat that I kept from another vehicle once had. It contains a couple reflective safety triangles, jumper cables, flashlight, small first aid kit. If the battery goes dead I'll use the key to unlock the truck and get out the jumper cables. If nobody is willing to give me a jump start I'll call AAA and wait for them.

I'm on the same boat like you.

sd2134

Reaction score
Added cam locks to my Bakflip MX4. made plate to hold the cylinder from turning, drilled through existing aluminum channel, still adjusting, need touch up on the paint, etc. Used SnugTop cam locks removed cable lock nearest the tailgate.

I want to be able to access the bed and inner tailgate, if the tailgate were to become stuck as others have mentioned on this forum. Also could be UN-accessible with a dead battery. I had key locks on my last vehicle, so I am ok with using keys instead of the cable access.
20210403_083648.jpg 20210404_160316.jpg 20210404_160432.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread