5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tailgate cover for bikes

BendPharmD

Reaction score
I have a 1500 Rebel with multifunction tailgate and Ramboxes. Anyone buy something previous that they like?

vandersnoot

Reaction score
I have a 1500 Rebel with multifunction tailgate and Ramboxes. Anyone buy something previous that they like?
How many bikes are you looking to transport? I just bought a fork mount (like $30) and screwed it into a piece of 2x4 cut to the width of the bed. Nothing slides and when I’m not riding I just take the 2x4 out.

NHRoadking

Reaction score
Raceface T2 works great. The top is adjustable, so it fits my Ram nicely.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I bought a bike rack off of Facebook Marketplace for $125.
Holds 4 bikes and goes into the trailer hitch. I have enough space to step on my bedstep and access the bed via the tonneau cover with bikes on it.

Old bath towels work too, or put your tailgate down and use the bed extender that came with the truck and stand the bikes up and use ratchet straps to keep them standing\together from 1 side of the truck with the front wheel touching the bed extender.

Users who are viewing this thread