5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tailgate cables

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
What is sad is that, the issue surfaced in 2019 and it is still happening in new trucks! How hard is it to get cables built to the same spec
It's not the cables. They're already the same length. I swapped mine side to side and the driver side was still slack, so it's a manufacturing issue with location of the tailgate cable attaching points either on the tailgate or the bed.

Steve

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had the TSB done at the dealer and no real improvement....the new cable still had slack in it so I soldered in a brass spacer in the end that attaches to the bed, filed it down until both cables had even load and done. :cool:

View attachment 57282
TSB done at dealer, traded one problem for another. The length appeared correct but the cable was not laying properly and I had to move it in to proper position while closing the tail gate. I checked the cable today and found the removal clip was pushed under the head of latch pin which caused some abrasion to the paint. Once it was removed from the "captive spot" it was no real improvement. It wasn't that bad to begin with but I was having other "service" done. My MDS/ANC/ECO mode drone is gone for now. Hey, wouldn't be bad if it was baseball, batting 500.

Users who are viewing this thread