5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tailgate Assist (aftermarket)

Rob696

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_8326.JPG
    IMG_8326.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 28

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am confused. What is the problem your actually having with he tail gate? It opens with a push of a button and it doesn't with much so its easier to close.

Rob696

Reaction score
I am confused. What is the problem your actually having with he tail gate? It opens with a push of a button and it doesn't with much so its easier to close.

With my family opening the tail gate, if I'm not there, and having it slam down (my truck doesn't have factory tail gate assist) is risky and if I can make it safer and simpler for a few bucks I will; so, I was looking for an aftermarket assist that might bolt on.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With my family opening the tail gate, if I'm not there, and having it slam down (my truck doesn't have factory tail gate assist) is risky and if I can make it safer and simpler for a few bucks I will; so, I was looking for an aftermarket assist that might bolt on.
oh ok i guess i assumed u did have the factory assist

Rob696

Reaction score
oh ok i guess i assumed u did have the factory assist

Yeah, would've been nice, but for the price I got the truck, missing out on that option isn't a huge deal. Just hoping some assists that work for the 18s will work for the 19s; if not, might have to wait for one to get updated to work.

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if you guys without the tailgate assist could add the factory unit easily enough. If the mounts for the strut assembly are bolted on, it should be fairly straightforward.

See attached.

Attachments

• Tailgate - Gas Prop - Removal and Installation.pdf
    146.2 KB · Views: 77

ponypride

Reaction score
What is the minimum trim level that comes with the tailgate assist?

rgberg

Reaction score
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread