5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tailgate and rear park sensors

GrandeGatito

Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues with their tailgate showing it's still open when it is not. Also, issues with rear parking sensors that will beep yellow or red. There wil be nothing around the truck and flat ground and it will alert like I'm about to hit something.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Try shutting the tailgate harder...I have to slam mine pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine will do this (tailgate open) if I shut the tailgate real soft, which is easy to do with this tailgate assist. As for the sensors, yes they are sensitive to things other than obstructions. Mine screams at me as I get to the end of the driveway thinking the asphalt is impending doom :D

mustard54

Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues with their tailgate showing it's still open when it is not. Also, issues with rear parking sensors that will beep yellow or red. There wil be nothing around the truck and flat ground and it will alert like I'm about to hit something.
Mine is the same way. The tailgate I have to slam shut and the parking sensor screams at the wind if it’s blowing right. I will often turn my rear sensor off if it’s really annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread