5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAILGATE ALLIGNMENT / WONT CLOSE on occassion 2024 Longhorn

texaspirate

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, First time posting here... Long time MOPAR or NOCAR RAM Truck and Challenger owner... New 2024 1500 Longhorn with 1800 Miles... Tried to close tailgate on Saturday and the tailgate had shifted right and would'nt close.

Took to my local dealer who seemed perplexed... they ordered a shim kit... have had the truck 48 hours... called and said, they put the shim but no improvement... that they all do that and I have to check when closing to make sure it doesnt hit.... Thats nuts... They also wouldnt warranty the paint chip from it hitting clearly the gate...

I called and got a case number... will take back to original dealer I bought from.. Gave them a heads up... Near as I can tell there are a lot of complaints on line about this... anyone get their issue resolved?

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Go to a different dealership who knows what they are doing. It does not have to be the purchasing dealer at all.

I guess tailgate problems have been a thing for a while? I keep getting recall notices about mine. Since there is nothing wrong with it I don't feel the need to waste a day at a dealership and risk them "fixing" it.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I adjusted the strikers on mine and been fine since. There was a recall for this but I never bothered to take it in.

Users who are viewing this thread