5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tailgate Ajar Warning enabled?

alexharrel

Reaction score
Hey all!

I have seen it mentioned that if you have “AlphaOBD” and some sort of adapter you can enable the tailgate ajar warning. Has anyone done this on a tradesman or base big horn? I really need to get this done but do not no where to start.

Thank you for the help!

skyhawk42

Reaction score
I tried to do the settings in Alfa on my 22 bighorn and then found out the latch with the ajar sensor wasn’t present in my tailgate. I swapped the passenger side tailgate latch to one with the sensor and changed the latch harness in the tailgate and now it works.

skyhawk42

Reaction score
Heres the part numbers I used:I installed a new wiring jumper harness in the tailgate Mopar 68311435AD and a new latch/switch 68312079AM

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup, Not all RAM’s come with the sensor on the tailgate.
That being said, you’ll need a OBD2 Scanner and a SGW Cable, along with the Alpha OBD app to activate.
As @skyhawk42 mentioned, he swapped out his latch, so it’s upgradeable should you not have the setup. Below are the scanner and cable I got off Amazon. Mines came un-programmed. Plus, I intend to upgrade my fob to the tailgate release fob soon. Amazing how some stuff just don’t get programmed, even though it’s installed. Good luck👍

skyhawk42

Reaction score
I did my fob as well. That’s a big reason I wanted the ajar warning, so I’d know if I accidentally opened it.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mines opened after leaving the grocery store. Stopped at a light, guy next to me alerted me of my opened tailgate.
Lost a pack of bacon, a loaf of bread, a bottle of shower gel and 2 bottles of peanut butter🤬. At least whoever picked it up (many homeless in area I dropped it) had a few meals there, and a shower, hahaha!!!
Did my research soon after to program the warning. It was more irritating to know I had it but it wasn’t programmed. Ugh.

skyhawk42

Reaction score
CBC

Config I0 F Pin 26 Connector F Pin 26:

Trunk/Liftgate Ajar Signal Input Present:

from No to Yes

Jmhemiramram

Reaction score
Heres the part numbers I used:I installed a new wiring jumper harness in the tailgate Mopar 68311435AD and a new latch/switch 68312079AM
Trying to figure out if these will work for 2023 models. The dealer says this harness won’t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online