5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tail light tint?

Kinalyx

Reaction score
Considering doing myself, but im more curious if anyone has a good kit that is basically the exact opposite of what luxe offers? I dont mind the white, just dont like the red on the tails. Im fine going with a full tint if i have to, but id rather keep all of the white and only lose the red.

Considered using the Vvinid headlight/tail light tint, but some of the reviews show it pulling back really bad, or not coming off after a year or so if they wanted to take it off.

Kinalyx

Reaction score
ok....., care to elaborate? If youre bitching about darkening the tails and making it harder to see the brake lights, i will be installing a tailgate light bar for that....

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
ok....., care to elaborate? If youre bitching about darkening the tails and making it harder to see the brake lights, i will be installing a tailgate light bar for that....
I don’t care for following someone who tints tail lights either. I’ve almost rear ended some a few times because their third brake light was burnt and I couldn’t see the other two. Also pretty sure it’s illegal.

The tail light bar would definitely help though. Good luck

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LED brake lights and turn signals are obnoxiously bright at night, so I tinted mine to keep from blinding people. You're welcome. 🤣 In the daytime they are still as bright or brighter than halogen tail lights. That's a win-win situation.

truckless

Reaction score
i hate everyone who does this.

I bought my smoked tail lights because while I like the look, I hate when people who don't know what they're doing do it. Dropping my daughter off at school, I frequently see a woman who drives a decked out Ram (I laughed the first time I saw the tiny Filipino gal get out of the fully blacked out Ram with a lift....wasn't expecting that) and her tail lights are so poorly done not only can you not see the brake lights from 50 feet in daylight, what you can see is completely misshapen and distorted. I am actually tempted to call the cops....she is gonna kill someone.

That said, I love my tail lights. Have the smoke, have the brightness and nobody else around here has them. And I got them 40% off :D

Last edited:

HemiDude

Reaction score
Geez guys, we're on a truck forum. Pretty sure there are regulations prohibiting many of the mods we see on here - window tint, tires sticking out too far, exhaust noise, etc. I'm more concerned with the toolbags driving their wrecked Honda Civic with the bumper and fender flapping in the breeze, or the dump truck overloaded with gravel and not using a tarp than with someone who darkens their taillights a bit.

@Kinalyx, I bought some prefinished lenses from Smokedouttailights on ebay for my last Ram, they looked great and were far better than the add-on tint I tried, you might look into them if you plan on keeping he truck as they are a bit pricey.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You might want to look at Lamin-x if you don’t like the red & want it to be included. I like the red so just went with the lightest tint Luxe brand bc I just wanted a tad darker, can barely even tell it’s on there. Rear blinkers still bright as hell. Wasn’t a fan of the material compared to Lamin-X that I have on my front fog lights or the cut by Luxe bc all 4 pieces were too large. Lamin-x I’ve used on 2 vehicles & cuts were way more precise than Luxe & thicker, more durable material that’s much easier to apply & reapply. Pics for reference. The last 2 show how crappy of a cut they were.

Attachments

• D46A37A2-10E5-4C15-AB49-802CAA7D0738.jpeg
    D46A37A2-10E5-4C15-AB49-802CAA7D0738.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 67
  • FBAAC1D4-7350-4A33-945F-692F4A8C3768.jpeg
    FBAAC1D4-7350-4A33-945F-692F4A8C3768.jpeg
    219.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 34ADEBB2-8799-4FB1-975B-0F926FCB9121.jpeg
    34ADEBB2-8799-4FB1-975B-0F926FCB9121.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 89A5E603-33E2-4ED2-8558-D9B64BB55174.jpeg
    89A5E603-33E2-4ED2-8558-D9B64BB55174.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 56
  • BB9AA647-F555-4BC8-971C-10D6B7EE1C85.jpeg
    BB9AA647-F555-4BC8-971C-10D6B7EE1C85.jpeg
    154.3 KB · Views: 66

lprakhn

Reaction score
Geez guys, we're on a truck forum. Pretty sure there are regulations prohibiting many of the mods we see on here - window tint, tires sticking out too far, exhaust noise, etc. I'm more concerned with the toolbags driving their wrecked Honda Civic with the bumper and fender flapping in the breeze, or the dump truck overloaded with gravel and not using a tarp than with someone who darkens their taillights a bit.

@Kinalyx, I bought some prefinished lenses from Smokedouttailights on ebay for my last Ram, they looked great and were far better than the add-on tint I tried, you might look into them if you plan on keeping he truck as they are a bit pricey.

I bought from Smokedouttaillights also. Good dude and good product. Very happy.

HemiDude

Reaction score
I bought from Smokedouttaillights also. Good dude and good product. Very happy.
Did you return your old ones to him for a rebate? I couldn't get mine mailed out quick enough, couldn't stand the look of the stock lenses :LOL:, so it was nice to get a little cash back

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Did you return your old ones to him for a rebate? I couldn't get mine mailed out quick enough, couldn't stand the look of the stock lenses :LOL:, so it was nice to get a little cash back
I had mine tinted by him too way back when. They have held up perfectly. I was the first 5th gen tails he tinted.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On a side note, has anyone with the standard red LED taillights noticed the blind spot portion turning pink? Mine seem to be turning a pink color, not sure if that part gets hot or what but starting to think about how I can correct the problem, would like to switch them out for the darker sport edition lights.

HemiDude

Reaction score
On a side note, has anyone with the standard red LED taillights noticed the blind spot portion turning pink? Mine seem to be turning a pink color, not sure if that part gets hot or what but starting to think about how I can correct the problem, would like to switch them out for the darker sport edition lights.
Ive seen a number of them like that, I thought it was a factory "pink"

Users who are viewing this thread