5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tail light lenses interchangeable between BSM and non-BSM?

yup ram

Reaction score
Soooooo, i backed my week old truck into my table saw last week and cracked the lens on my passenger side tail light. While shopping for replacement options, i noticed taillights without blind spot monitoring can be had for nearly half as much as ones that include it. I have several questions that i would love some opinions on...

First, can the tail light lens be removed? I see there are several screws on the back of the assembly that must hold it all together. Next, would a lens from a non-BSM taillight be a direct replacement for one that does have BSM? Lastly, if the above answers are anything but positive, does this broken taillight hold any real value outside of the BSM sensor? I see some cracked taillights selling for hundreds of dollars on eBay and am trying to recoup some of the $800 i just spent on a new replacement. Figured mentioning the uses this broken part has might help the sale.

Attachments

• IMG_5159.JPG
    IMG_5159.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 28

yup ram

Reaction score
So basically the cracked taillight is pretty useless aside from the BSM sensor. Good to know. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread