5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tail Light Covers

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any body seen or have the new tail light covers on the 2023 Laramie's or possibly the Laramie's long Horns? saw a new one sitting on the dealers lot that was a White Ram Laramie with tail light covers that looked so awesome! Would like to know more about it but not able to find out any thing about them and never seen them for or as an option when I ordered my 2023 this last fall.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not aware of Mopar installing tail light covers on any factory Ram. Perhaps you are talking about a new style of tail light.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not aware of Mopar installing tail light covers on any factory Ram. Perhaps you are talking about a new style of tail light.
This was a new 23 Ram on the dealer lot with about a month ago maybe wish I had took a photo. They were very good looking tail lights and looked to be inserts from factory.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This was a new 23 Ram on the dealer lot with about a month ago maybe wish I had took a photo. They were very good looking tail lights and looked to be inserts from factory.
Hard to say what exactly you are talking about. They were probably an aftermarket taillight if they weren't the factory style

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes I think its new for 2023 year for sure but its looks to be the same style taillight.
There are no new for 23 tail lights. I think I have seen some models with blacked out lenses.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It was not and aftermarket nor tinted.
Not sure what you are talking about, there is no cover on the taillight. There is a taillight housing. and it's the same one since 2019.
This is what it is, except RAM is in black.
1690334457739.png

This is the halogen version, generally on Bighorn and lower trims.
1690334526309.png

There are aftermarket products for the LED version.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure what you are talking about, there is no cover on the taillight. There is a taillight housing. and it's the same one since 2019.
This is what it is, except RAM is in black.
View attachment 163819

This is the halogen version, generally on Bighorn and lower trims.
View attachment 163821

There are aftermarket products for the LED version.
Wish I would have took a photo of it . It was a new truck on Dealer lot as I said it was no after mkt. it was on a 23 or 24 setting on lot. If I see it again I will take a photo and post.....Thanks for the photo but thats not it.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Wish I would have took a photo of it . It was a new truck on Dealer lot as I said it was no after mkt. it was on a 23 or 24 setting on lot. If I see it again I will take a photo and post.....Thanks for the photo but thats not it.
This are the only 2 options. Some dealerships change out oem parts with aftermarket and charge an upfit fee.
Just saw one bester day with a tradesman where they changed out the rims and wheels put leather seats inside it and slapped a +$15k sticker on it LOL.

6of36

Reaction score
24s start production next week.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This are the only 2 options. Some dealerships change out oem parts with aftermarket and charge an upfit fee.
Just saw one bester day with a tradesman where they changed out the rims and wheels put leather seats inside it and slapped a +$15k sticker on it LOL.
That may be what was done at the dealer I seen. I went be there yesterday to see if that Truck was still on lot or others like it .None was there like before I'd say with was after Mkt by dealer!

6of36

Reaction score
Sort of like the Shelby F150s. They act like it's a direct ford build, but there are actually 2 separate window stickers. One for the original build, and another for the $70,000 modifications, by Shelby American.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sort of like the Shelby F150s. They act like it's a direct ford build, but there are actually 2 separate window stickers. One for the original build, and another for the $70,000 modifications, by Shelby American.
And for a $70 package they cheaped out on the exhaust and it looks like crap with the tips sitting 5" below the cutouts in bumper

6of36

Reaction score
And for a $70 package they cheaped out on the exhaust and it looks like crap with the tips sitting 5" below the cutouts in bumper
I didn't even look that closely when I saw the $70,000 addition, lol. They look pretty sharp over all, but not wort that. And they are still less HP than a TRX.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The TRX is most certainty the most decked out 1/2 ton truck on the road bar any for sure in my opinion. Its an awesome truck. I enjoy my Hellcat and could imagine dropping my hellcat motor in my Laramie Ram would be a treat! :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread