5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T-Boned!

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Shop outside of your area then fly and drive back and enjoy the road trip. Some dealers are still stuck pricing something high thinking a potential buyer wouldn’t just buy outside of there area and not much more of a hassle to save quiet a bit of money in generally.

azzx

Reaction score
Have though of that
So, removing tax - license and other BS, the truck price is 58K

Joemama88

Reaction score
Just about the same thing happened to my son, though at a lower speed by the 17 year old female new driver. His 2019 was about 8 months old with 17K miles. The estimate was north of 15K but the truck was all fixed fine, a slight frame tweak, paint matched well.

When he traded for an Escalade in 2023 he lost $4K due to the wreck. He never had asked for loss of value at the time of settlement. I suggest you ask for it.
Always go after them for Deprecation of value.

Joemama88

Reaction score
Unfortunately I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago - not a ram. It's called diminished value. I called a few lawyers because the insurance companies wouldn't compensate me for it. All the lawyers said the same thing - it's not something you can be compensated for.

I'm sure there's some case that set the precedent, but I'm not a lawyer so I wouldn't have any idea where to find it.

That said, it can't hurt to ask, but sorry for delivering the bad news
That is a lie for anyone who reads this contact Bill Walkowiak at Collision Safety consultants. Got me over 5k a few years ago on a small accident.

Joemama88

Reaction score
I was an insurance adjuster for Safeco from 1992-2001 and remember that they had to pay diminished value on luxury brands (only high end) like bmw, mercedes etc. The claimant or insured had to get copies in writing from appraisers and dealers but we did pay, though not a lot and not often. Never on domestic vehicles though.
Thats wrong. I live in a state that does not have diminished value and the company I hired got me 5k for my Fusion back in 2016

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Have though of that

If you can get the same truck for $52k at Mark Dodge, minus $300 for gas, $100 for a hotel, and $250 airfare to Houston, you'll save $5300. Mark Dodge will bring the truck to Houston airport and you can drive home from there, saving you 150 miles of driving. You could also show the Mark Dodge price to your local dealer and ask them to match it. If they don't, walk out.

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well - got a decent settlement -- nowhere near replacing it with the same truck 2024 model.
Came across a 2023 limited long horn South Fork edition with all options except sunroof and air suspension.
it has around 6000 miles. The original MSRP was 81K.
Negotiating with the dealer - so far at 64K OTD.
It is showroom condition.

Is this a good deal?
I paid 66k for my Limited with 0 miles. MSRP was 82k

azzx

Reaction score
If you can get the same truck for $52k at Mark Dodge, minus $300 for gas, $100 for a hotel, and $250 airfare to Houston, you'll save $5300. Mark Dodge will bring the truck to Houston airport and you can drive home from there, saving you 150 miles of driving. You could also show the Mark Dodge price to you local dealer and ask them to match it. If they don't, walk out.
Great Idea - they dont have
I paid 66k for my Limited with 0 miles. MSRP was 82k
Is that OTD?
What year?
Looks like you are in MA?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Great Idea - they dont have

Is that OTD?
What year?
Looks like you are in MA?
I am in MA, but it was purchased from Mark Dodge.
The price was sales price, which is after rebates and discounts not including my states sales tax.
It's an 22 Limited

PetePA

Reaction score
That is a lie for anyone who reads this contact Bill Walkowiak at Collision Safety consultants. Got me over 5k a few years ago on a small accident.
You're one of the very rare people who have trouble with 3-letter-word vocabulary. Look up the definition of the word "lie".

azzx

Reaction score
I am in MA, but it was purchased from Mark Dodge.
The price was sales price, which is after rebates and discounts not including my states sales tax.
It's an 22 Limited
Thanks - it makes sense now.
The cheapest limited Marks Dodge has is around 66K
by the time I am paying for travel, tax, license and the rest of the horse dodo, it will be in mid 70s
I can get that here in AZ

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thats wrong. I live in a state that does not have diminished value and the company I hired got me 5k for my Fusion back in 2016
Well if you read my post I said “from 1992-2001“. What has changed in the 15 years since I left the job and your wonderful settlement I have no idea about.

I suppose with your Ford Fusion getting $5k, anyone with a high end Beemer orMercedes should be getting $50K…

azzx

Reaction score
Ok guys,

Looking at a 2025 big horn with level 1, 3.92, locking diff, 33 gal. tank, sport appearance pckg. hurricane engine
62K retail, $56,700 price - without tax, license etc.
is this a reasonable price?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok guys,

Looking at a 2025 big horn with level 1, 3.92, locking diff, 33 gal. tank, sport appearance pckg. hurricane engine
62K retail, $56,700 price - without tax, license etc.
is this a reasonable price?
In today's market, that's probably not bad. Price compare with Mark Dodge or Granger Dodge as they both seem to offer the best incentives.

azzx

Reaction score
Mark dodge is about 1000 bucks less, however, with travel expenses from AZ to LA it will be come out to be same total rebate
which is 5700 bucks

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Have though of that

If my math is correct that is about 30% off.
Not sure if they are just adding tax or other BS charges for the OTD price.

Also check KBB to see the actual value of that truck.
It may be worth that price or a lot less being older.

Depending on what options you want and which you need. This may be the right truck at the right price.
But not sure what sitting on the lot for 2 years has done especially with ethanol gas which has a short shelf life.

Good luck and glad no one was hurt.......unless you are then should probably sue. :cool:

azzx

Reaction score
OTD is 62,600
I bought it 2 hours ago.
Missing many shiny stuff like 12 inch screen, leather, etc. !!!
however it was 7000 cheaper than a 2025 Laramie
Has all of the functional stuff that I care about.
I just hope the new engine is reliable.
It is much more peppier than the Hemi (test drove another one and open it up)!

Users who are viewing this thread