5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T-Boned!

azzx

Reaction score
While crossing a ST.
The other car's front end was accordioned. And the RAM did a 180 after the impact.
All is well and everyone walked away.

Just sucks since I did not have even a door ding!
Took it to the Caliber shop in Gilbert. All parts have to be replaced and will take 4 to 5 weeks. Thye are going to check the frame and other stuff.

Attachments

• IMG20240508075124.jpg
    IMG20240508075124.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG20240508075127.jpg
    IMG20240508075127.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 174

PetePA

Reaction score
While crossing a ST.
The other car's front end was accordioned. And the RAM did a 180 after the impact.

Took it to the Caliber shop in Gilbert. All parts have to be replaced and will take 4 to 5 weeks. Thye are going to check the frame and other stuff.
Hate to say it but it's likely that's totaled. Glad to hear no one got hurt.

Welcome to the 2025 club.

azzx

Reaction score
Hope not - I only have 35K miles on this thing. The shop tech said all of it should be repairable. Of course they have to send the $ estimate to insurance and they may decide to total it.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Would be interesting to know how many negative g`s it takes to set them off from different angles of impact.
Fun game, unbolt your airbag module and flip that module over. It's a good way to test all your air bags. I have seen this happen 2 times.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just about the same thing happened to my son, though at a lower speed by the 17 year old female new driver. His 2019 was about 8 months old with 17K miles. The estimate was north of 15K but the truck was all fixed fine, a slight frame tweak, paint matched well.

When he traded for an Escalade in 2023 he lost $4K due to the wreck. He never had asked for loss of value at the time of settlement. I suggest you ask for it.

PetePA

Reaction score
Just about the same thing happened to my son, though at a lower speed by the 17 year old female new driver. His 2019 was about 8 months old with 17K miles. The estimate was north of 15K but the truck was all fixed fine, a slight frame tweak, paint matched well.

When he traded for an Escalade in 2023 he lost $4K due to the wreck. He never had asked for loss of value at the time of settlement. I suggest you ask for it.
Unfortunately I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago - not a ram. It's called diminished value. I called a few lawyers because the insurance companies wouldn't compensate me for it. All the lawyers said the same thing - it's not something you can be compensated for.

I'm sure there's some case that set the precedent, but I'm not a lawyer so I wouldn't have any idea where to find it.

That said, it can't hurt to ask, but sorry for delivering the bad news

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was an insurance adjuster for Safeco from 1992-2001 and remember that they had to pay diminished value on luxury brands (only high end) like bmw, mercedes etc. The claimant or insured had to get copies in writing from appraisers and dealers but we did pay, though not a lot and not often. Never on domestic vehicles though.

frisby5

Reaction score
While crossing a ST.

Is the Caliber shop the one on Greenfield and Baseline? I had my old truck repaired there years ago.

mzflorida

Reaction score

@mikeru82 glad everyone is fine. Agreed on the diminished value claim. Find an attorney who promotes that on their website. It's not an insignificant amount.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago - not a ram. It's called diminished value. I called a few lawyers because the insurance companies wouldn't compensate me for it. All the lawyers said the same thing - it's not something you can be compensated for.
The law varies from state to state.

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Airbags aren't designed to go off in every accident.

I'm aware of this. Just a simple question to the OP.

Was also trying to factor that in to see if the truck will get totaled or not.

azzx

Reaction score
No airbags went off - I am still surprised, expected for the side bags to deploy.
The shop is on Germmane and Gilbert Rd
No estimate from the shop yet.

Users who are viewing this thread