5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SXS’s!

JRD

Reaction score
Yep - my rig will not fit in any trails on the East Coast. Perfect for SW.
Can am has many diff. models -- Trail 2 & 4 seat, Commander 2/4, and they have the farm version the defender.
They also just came out with the Maveric R (240 HP) and DCT transmission. however the fully loaded version is over $70K.
BTW - you can buy a fully loaded Jeep less than some of these SXSs
I priced out a similar model to yours may even be that model and I was blown away to see it came out to like 40k

JRD

Reaction score
Get dirt bikes. It's a lot more fun riding technical singletrack on two wheels, than it is driving around on dirt roads in a Jeep sized vehicle. I don't have kids but my buddies kids have been riding with us since they were little nose miners. It's awesome to see the skills they develop at such a a young age.

Here are a couple of videos of me following two young teenagers. One on a KTM85 big wheel and the other on a KTM200XC-W.

My son is just about 3.5 and hopefully he’ll like his pw50. It’s definitely easier to find places to ride bikes around here than SXSs

azzx

Reaction score
These things are money pits! I am well into $55+ with all of the accessories.
I have not done any "performance mods" one can easily spend 100K with bigger turbos/tunes/suspension etc/etc.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My son is just about 3.5 and hopefully he’ll like his pw50. It’s definitely easier to find places to ride bikes around here than SXSs

It's more fun for them too, because they can participate instead of being an observer. I've seen a lot of videos of trails in the Carolina woods. Beautiful trails for all skill levels. It's much easier just loading up a couple of bikes in the back of your truck and pretty inexpensive.

After you figure out if your kid is going to like the PW50, get yourself a chick bike, like a few year old Honda CRF230. That way you can follow him around and start to develop his skills. If you both end up not liking it, you can resell both of them and probably not lose a penny.

azzx

Reaction score
Agree - nothing like riding a dirt bike. I have ridden DBs until 5 years ago for 50 years. Too old now to break a bone which is why I am riding SXS.
Got my boys an XR80 and XR100 many moons ago when they were 4 and 8. Older son graduated to a DR350 within 6 months.
Depending on age, always buy one size larger and the best safety gear.
Sorry for blocking the faces - I trust you guys but not the bad actors from anywhere that have access to the net.
zz.jpg

Last edited:

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
It's more fun for them too, because they can participate instead of being an observer. I've seen a lot of videos of trails in the Carolina woods. Beautiful trails for all skill levels. It's much easier just loading up a couple of bikes in the back of your truck and pretty inexpensive.

After you figure out if your kid is going to like the PW50, get yourself a chick bike, like a few year old Honda CRF230. That way you can follow him around and start to develop his skills. If you both end up not liking it, you can resell both of them and probably not lose a penny.
Yea, money one way or another. The bikes themselves are cheaper to own and operate than a SxS but the medical bills! Whoa! Way higher on a bike! Haha!

Reactions: JRD

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Yea, money one way or another. The bikes themselves are cheaper to own and operate than a SxS but the medical bills! Whoa! Way higher on a bike! Haha!

Nah, just ride within your ability and dress for the crash. I've been riding for 45 year and I've had 2 semi-serious injuries. A broken thumb and a torn MCL. Maybe I'll get a retard chariot when I'm 80 years old. :ROFLMAO:

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Agree - nothing like riding a dirt bike. I have ridden DBs until 5 years ago for 50 years. I think I'm too old now to break a bone which is why I am driving a retard chariot. Got my boys an XR80 and XR100 many moons ago when they were 4 and 8. Older son graduated to a DR350 within 6 months.
Depending on age, always buy one size larger and the best safety gear.
Sorry for blocking the faces - I trust you guys but not the bad actors from anywhere that have access to the net.
View attachment 180650

Fixed it for you. :ROFLMAO:

Damn, that's a half ton of heavy 4 strokes right there. I'm a singletrack snob, so I prefer 2 stokes.

Just giving you some :poop:. At least you're still getting outdoors. :cool:

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Nah, just ride within your ability and dress for the crash. I've been riding for 45 year and I've had 2 semi-serious injuries. A broken thumb and a torn MCL. Maybe I'll get a retard chariot when I'm 80 years old. :ROFLMAO:
Where's the challenge of doing things within your ability? Dress for the crash... phthhhhh. I see the ricer bikes on the road like that. So much armor they have to dress each other when they stop at a gas station.

Go cool or don't go! 😎

JRD

Reaction score
Where's the challenge of doing things within your ability? Dress for the crash... phthhhhh. I see the ricer bikes on the road like that. So much armor they have to dress each other when they stop at a gas station.

Go cool or don't go! 😎
Looking cool is half the fun lol

JRD

Reaction score
No one who’s ever gotten on a bike, quad, or otherwise has ever stayed within their abilities lol. Once you get comfortable enough you turn into a speed demon, pushing the limits. That’s where the fun starts. I haven’t ridden in probably 15 years, so it’ll be fun to get back into it.

azzx

Reaction score
Thanks for the fixes. --- Yes - the 650L was a heavy girl but a fun DS bike.
Last DB as of 2019.
** since it is hotter than hell during summer, I bring in my bikes for phot shoots during summer months!!!
WR 400-1 (2020_04_02 16_06_16 UTC).jpg

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same, I don’t know anyone with one either and it’s a pretty hefty investment if you’re never going to use it
my friend had one but he ended up selling it, he thought after he got one someone else in the group would get a second one.
and then no one did and it's taking up space at the shop. so he sold it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online