5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SXM stations deleted

NoCrow

Reaction score
So I got my truck used Nov 2020. 12 inch uconnect the SXM presets worked perfect had all my presets saved. Then one day I start my truck and all presets are just gone. I redo them and now don't bother they are deleted every time I turn off the truck. But my stations are still in favorites tab

I've read a solution is adding a user in SXM settings but when I do that I add name and select a picture and hit save and nothing. No new users added. I don't know what to do.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had plenty of weird things happen with mine (8.4" NAV).

If things don't come back the next time I drive (or the system doesn't reboot during the drive) I go to my SXM web account and have a refresh signal sent to my truck. It can take a few hours but it has fixed my issues.

NoCrow

Reaction score
I've had plenty of weird things happen with mine (8.4" NAV).

If things don't come back the next time I drive (or the system doesn't reboot during the drive) I go to my SXM web account and have a refresh signal sent to my truck. It can take a few hours but it has fixed my issues.
I'll give that a try

Psimpson

Reaction score
just had the same thing happen to me, all SXM presets were gone. Pandora favorites are still there so I've saved a few of them. So far after a few restarts they are still there. When they first disapperred, pushing the SXm button only beeped but it wouldn't go there. I had bluetooth and FM that still worked. still had all FM presets.

toyboy1980

Reaction score
So I got my truck used Nov 2020. 12 inch uconnect the SXM presets worked perfect had all my presets saved. Then one day I start my truck and all presets are just gone. I redo them and now don't bother they are deleted every time I turn off the truck. But my stations are still in favorites tab

I've read a solution is adding a user in SXM settings but when I do that I add name and select a picture and hit save and nothing. No new users added. I don't know what to do.
I have the EXACT same issue. Down to every detail you described here.

TechDaddy3x

Reaction score
Buying it used could be a few things...
1 - the old “account” finally turned off or they turned off dealer mode
2 - yes, when the monthLY refresh came to the vehicle from SXM it noticed no user/new account holder and reset
3 - add account and user as above and should be good to go

Sirius as a company, also did something weird in their systems a few weeks back that made all user names case sensitive. That logged out almost everyone from their apps/systems. I spent an hour on the phone with a tech to discover why i couldn’t log on to my SXM account through SONOS. Sure enough that was it.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't had SXM for years and this truck obviously comes with it for a trial period. I set up the stations I was familiar with down in the channels 30-40 something. I noticed that there are a large amount of Rock stations higher up in the numbers, like a best of Octane, etc.

Yesterday, a song I don't like came on the radio, so I flipped over to SXM. I decided to try the upper stations. Every one I checked gave me a display on the screen that it was trying to download SXM channels, or I had a poor SXM signal, etc. I could flip back to Octane, Lithium, Ozzy's Boneyard, etc without issue, but these higher channels never came through.

Did SXM only provide those channels over the holidays? Or, is this the same issue that others are mentioning?

Nels

Reaction score
Similar - bought my truck in October. Already had a sirius account with the jeep I traded, so transferred the account to my Ram. I have had weird things like changing presets only to have them revert back to previous channels weeks later, presets reorder themselves, even some new preset channels that I never set (I know this because it's something I wouldn't even listen to - the LOVE channel?!)

Users who are viewing this thread