5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Switching sides

Rick J

Reaction score
Hello all,
My last "RAM" was actually a 2000 Dodge Dakota. Since that truck I've been driving Ford F150 Lariats. I won't say anything bad about the Fords but the new RAM 1500 caught my eye. Couldn't find one with the options I wanted so I just placed my order. 1500 Limited with every option except the Trailer Tow package and the 3.92 axle ratio. I went back and forth on the axle ratio but decided with my driving being mostly highway I would go with the 3.21. I ordered the Billet Silver with black interior. I liked the Indigo/Light Frost Beige but figured I'd get it dirty real quick. I'm really looking forward to my new truck. Dealer says 6 to 8 weeks for a special order so I just need to be patient LOL. Look forward to all the wisdom I will get from this site.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome! I have the Billet Silver on my other vehicle. It is a nice color. I special ordered my Ram last July and it took 13 weeks. I believe the assembly plant is building them faster now. Hopefully the time will go by quickly for you.

VdMer

Reaction score
Made the same jump 8k miles ago. Wanted out of the '16 F150 for a variety of issues. Didn't dislike the Truck or Ford per se, just the constant problems (maybe I had a lemon) that just compounded into 'not worth the hassle' zone. Feared what I didn't know on Ram, but haven't regretted it at all!

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome!! Lots of good peeps and info here. And Ofcourse liking your color choice. Clean paint and nice wax and/or ceramic spray you will see great depth and colors pop out in the sunlight

Yedi

Reaction score
Welcome! I also had a 2000 Dodge Dakota Sport with the 4.7 V8, truck was so much fun, Chevy guy for years....RAM caught my eye and that was it, no regrets!

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome and Congratulations! These new RAMs are not perfect, but definitely beautiful to look at and fun to drive. However, after owning mine for around six months and 6000 miles, I have definitely experienced some quality issues that, quite frankly, I have never experienced with any other brand. Fit and finish, panels not lining up, etc. Uconnect “update” that now causes my radio to reset itself every five minutes, instead of once in a while, USB ports that do not work (especially after the “update”), and a dealer not willing to admit that there’s anything wrong with it. Am I ranting? Sorry!! Good luck with your new truck!

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello all,
My last "RAM" was actually a 2000 Dodge Dakota. Since that truck I've been driving Ford F150 Lariats. I won't say anything bad about the Fords but the new RAM 1500 caught my eye. Couldn't find one with the options I wanted so I just placed my order. 1500 Limited with every option except the Trailer Tow package and the 3.92 axle ratio. I went back and forth on the axle ratio but decided with my driving being mostly highway I would go with the 3.21. I ordered the Billet Silver with black interior. I liked the Indigo/Light Frost Beige but figured I'd get it dirty real quick. I'm really looking forward to my new truck. Dealer says 6 to 8 weeks for a special order so I just need to be patient LOL. Look forward to all the wisdom I will get from this site.

That’s gonna be a nice truck. I’ve got a Billet Silver Longhorn and after 3,500 miles, no issues so far. I’ve done a few mods. The most recent is a recovery hitch receiver and shackle. Just wanted to put something the hitch and I think the receiver and shackle looks kinda cool. And having the 30’ recovery strap and second shackle stowed under the seat might come in handy sometime. See the second pic.

Attachments

• 9BD98A8B-5D9C-4C30-BAEF-309E99D6EB67.jpeg
    9BD98A8B-5D9C-4C30-BAEF-309E99D6EB67.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 1BA0F485-9FE5-4DF2-B4DA-BBDE15169CB7.jpeg
    1BA0F485-9FE5-4DF2-B4DA-BBDE15169CB7.jpeg
    173.8 KB · Views: 17

Users who are viewing this thread