5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Switching from chevy with unlimited wifi for 10 a month

Roddog2220

Reaction score
does ram have the equivalent, I thought I just read unlimited wifi was 50 a month? can you not just add it to your current cell phone coverage like with chevy?

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can add it to your plan or do prepaid. I was able to add it online fairly easy. Prepaid it’s 20$ for unlimited. I had it added for $10 a month to my unlimited plan. It is 4g though and not LTE which is ridiculous to me in 2018. The crazy part is it has LTE radios in it because if you go to hit the assist button it will show LTE but only 4g for the hotspot. I have LTE in my cadillacs .. I just don’t understand the decision

Gatornation9999

Reaction score
You can add it to your plan or do prepaid. I was able to add it online fairly easy. Prepaid it’s 20$ for unlimited. I had it added for $10 a month to my unlimited plan. It is 4g though and not LTE which is ridiculous to me in 2018. The crazy part is it has LTE radios in it because if you go to hit the assist button it will show LTE but only 4g for the hotspot. I have LTE in my cadillacs .. I just don’t understand the decision
Have you done a side by side comparison of download speeds for your phone vs. the hotspot? Curious in the speed drop off.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah. It’s fairly significant I can sometimes see 30-40mb download on hotspot but that’s rare. It’s also pretty inconsistent in terms of stable connection. The phone will be getting 70-100mb

More consistent though is 7-10 as an average I am pretty weird about checking that. I Speedtest quite a bit out of curiosity

The aircard inside the unit seems to not have radios that don’t reset to the stronger signal. Like if it’s on 3g it won’t jump to 4g for some time if at all sometimes. I’m in Dallas and that’s an att strong hold since the headquarters is here.

I just couldn’t believe it’s not LTE maybe an update will activate LTE later I don’t know but they better have some future proofing. The carriers have already shown they will sunset older networks like they did with edge. There are a lot of cars like Bmw and ford that has 2g and those owners can’t use their phone for things they used to be able to. With 5g coming they will start recycling bands from 4g for the faster network.

Like I said lte is in there because you can go to assist and it will say lte there just not in the hot spot.

cjmst23

Reaction score
Add a mifi to your unlimited account for $10 and leave it plugged into the USB port in the console.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Add a mifi to your unlimited account for $10 and leave it plugged into the USB port in the console.
I have that also. I have the Truck activated though because I cant stand not having everything working

Users who are viewing this thread