5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Switched from Rough Country 2" level to Ready Lift 2: Level w/UCA's

dhmoore74

Reaction score
Just wanted to put this out there. I initially had a Rough Country 2" level kit installed. Basically the coil spring spacer. The look was great, the ride was a bit rougher than stock for sure, but I was willing to live with that to have the look I was wanting. Kept it for roughly 4 weeks and 2000 miles. From day 1 I had a clunking sound. Took it back to the shop that installed it twice. finally narrowed it down to the Upper Control arm on the drivers side as what the klunk was coming from. Decided maybe it would be best to change the UCA's. Little bit of research landed me at the Readylift 2" w/ UCA's. Had the shop un-install the Rough Country spacer and install the new Ready Lift top hat spacer that goes on top of the strut and the new UCA's.

Wow! What a difference. Same great look and level as before, but back to a factory ride quality and best of all ZERO klunk. Dont waste your money on the Rough Country spacer. Get the Ready lift 2" top hat spacer and UCA's. Worth every penny.

Bellpa

Reaction score
Just wanted to put this out there. I initially had a Rough Country 2" level kit installed. Basically the coil spring spacer. The look was great, the ride was a bit rougher than stock for sure, but I was willing to live with that to have the look I was wanting. Kept it for roughly 4 weeks and 2000 miles. From day 1 I had a clunking sound. Took it back to the shop that installed it twice. finally narrowed it down to the Upper Control arm on the drivers side as what the klunk was coming from. Decided maybe it would be best to change the UCA's. Little bit of research landed me at the Readylift 2" w/ UCA's. Had the shop un-install the Rough Country spacer and install the new Ready Lift top hat spacer that goes on top of the strut and the new UCA's.

Wow! What a difference. Same great look and level as before, but back to a factory ride quality and best of all ZERO klunk. Dont waste your money on the Rough Country spacer. Get the Ready lift 2" top hat spacer and UCA's. Worth every penny.
Glad you got it all fixed now. I didn't waste money on the RC kit. It's been on since last year with no clunk, no hard ride, no issues. I suppose each shop/truck is unique.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve installed dozens of these things over the years, and they always ride firmer. Some are for sure worse than the others which is always interesting to me. Like you put the same kit on 3 different trucks and they might all feel slightly different.

Plus, there’s always the chance that someone screwed up the strut when they put it back together. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen it. Not implying that was the case here, just another factor with these style kits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online