5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swirls and Small dent

787BigHorn

Reaction score
Si unfortunately i took delivery of my truck at night and it was wet to ( Jan 3rd ) yesterday finally the weather cleared up and I was excited to wash my truck when I noticed the whole driver side has swirls all over so I got a bit angry and I started looking all over the truck for deficiencies and of course there it was a fkn dent on the lower side of the door. I guess it sounds like a rant but I would like advice from you guys on how to approach the situation when I go to the dealership.

jk101

Reaction score
Call your sales person right now, let him know what you've found and that you expect them to make it right. Go up the chain of command if you do not get the appropriate response.

787BigHorn

Reaction score
Call your sales person right now, let him know what you've found and that you expect them to make it right. Go up the chain of command if you do not get the appropriate response.
On my way! To the dealership just texted the sales rep

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Si unfortunately i took delivery of my truck at night and it was wet to ( Jan 3rd ) yesterday finally the weather cleared up and I was excited to wash my truck when I noticed the whole driver side has swirls all over so I got a bit angry and I started looking all over the truck for deficiencies and of course there it was a fkn dent on the lower side of the door. I guess it sounds like a rant but I would like advice from you guys on how to approach the situation when I go to the dealership.
Not a big deal, in the grand scheme of things. I found a very small ding from transit/delivery at the bottom edge of a door a few days after bringing the truck home, and the sales rep made an appointment with their PDR guy to get it resolved.

I also had (minor) scratches and swirls in a few spots, and I opted to polish these myself (in some cases) and have the worst ones polished out by a pro before ceramic coating. As a kid, I once worked as a dealership detailer...and I don’t expect dealership personnel to necessarily know how to properly correct paint defects.

You’re building a relationship with your dealership, and these aren’t expensive or complicated issues for them to address, so a positive approach will likely get them squared away for you quickly.

787BigHorn

Reaction score
Not a big deal, in the grand scheme of things. I found a very small ding from transit/delivery at the bottom edge of a door a few days after bringing the truck home, and the sales rep made an appointment with their PDR guy to get it resolved.

I also had (minor) scratches and swirls in a few spots, and I opted to polish these myself (in some cases) and have the worst ones polished out by a pro before ceramic coating. As a kid, I once worked as a dealership detailer...and I don’t expect dealership personnel to necessarily know how to properly correct paint defects.

You’re building a relationship with your dealership, and these aren’t expensive or complicated issues for them to address, so a positive approach will likely get them squared away for you quickly.
Thanks ! yeah he was very cool about it he apologized and told me to bring it Monday morning, they will take care of everything in house.

harleyrae

Reaction score
I took delivery on a late saturday afternnon. found a small dent int he front lower bumper. They fixed it no problem. Took about 5 weeks to get the part in.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any good dealer will not have an issue taking care of small stuff like you described. One cant be expected to pick up on every issue at delivery. Its utterly impossible given the short amount of time you are there and with so much going on (paperwork...). When you factor in poor weather on delivery day it's understood you will miss things. Good luck.

Lablvr2

Reaction score

I also had swirl marks on my Limited and didn't see them for a few days until it was sunny. I had other issues the dealer was addressing and they happily paid a 3rd party detailer to polish my entire truck when I took it back to them.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Thanks ! yeah he was very cool about it he apologized and told me to bring it Monday morning, they will take care of everything in house.
Glad to hear. BTW, swirls are a part of life. All vehicles can have them from the factory. It doesn’t matter how expensive. Even brand new Ferraris can have swirls. It’s very easy to polish those out by the dealer.

Lablvr2

Reaction score
Glad to hear. BTW, swirls are a part of life. All vehicles can have them from the factory. It doesn’t matter how expensive. Even brand new Ferraris can have swirls. It’s very easy to polish those out by the dealer.

Yeah I agree.. unfortunately my last 3 Rams have been Bright Silver so if they were there I never saw them. My new truck is Granite Crystal and it shows EVERYTHING... but love the color. I saw a video from a GM assembly line and how they polish scratches right before final rollout and they never seem to change the polish pad or put more compound so I can see where it could happen.

787BigHorn

Reaction score
So my next question is, how do I know that the dealership actually installed the so called A Glaze and the Mastershield Protection that they already charged me for ?

zman9119

Reaction score
Fighting with mine right now about a hood issue like that. Discovered after they dropped it off. Being complete asses and useless about it so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/