5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swing case

Gnix

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I know this has been an old discussion about swing cases and what not but I recently purchased one from Vevor for some storage in my truck bed. And just wanted share with everyone that doesnt want to break their wallets.

For people that resides in Canada, as you probably know the 302D swing cases are well over 300+ Tax.

I have purchased this Vevor brand and have used it for a week now. It’s definitely strong enough to put your straps and hitch. Concept is the same as undercover swing case.

Price: $180 CAD plus taxes free delivery. It does not interfere with the utility rails but it will block the light.

Installation was simple but I over torqued those self tapping screws so I ended up drilling the holes for 2x M5 bolts with washers and nut behind the tail light. I did use RTV silicon on the screws/bolt and sprayed them with rustoleum for extra protection.

Note: Swing cases will NOT work with your utility cargo divider due to the additional rail you have to install.

Thanks for viewing and hope this is helpful.

*Will post some pictures shortly for people that are interested

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I know this has been an old discussion about swing cases and what not but I recently purchased one from Vevor for some storage in my truck bed. And just wanted share with everyone that doesnt want to break their wallets.

For people that resides in Canada, as you probably know the 302D swing cases are well over 300+ Tax.

I have purchased this Vevor brand and have used it for a week now. It’s definitely strong enough to put your straps and hitch. Concept is the same as undercover swing case.

Price: $180 CAD plus taxes free delivery. It does not interfere with the utility rails but it will block the light.

Installation was simple but I over torqued those self tapping screws so I ended up drilling the holes for 2x M5 bolts with washers and nut behind the tail light. I did use RTV silicon on the screws/bolt and sprayed them with rustoleum for extra protection.

Note: Swing cases will NOT work with your utility cargo divider due to the additional rail you have to install.

Thanks for viewing and hope this is helpful.

*Will post some pictures shortly for people that are interested
Would like to see some pictures, when you have a chance.

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
I had a set of those in my 2012 Lone Star and loved the idea of having them, but didn't really use them much since only weird-sized stuff fit in them (pretty much small tool kits or loose tools and items).

Once I saw the embedded cargo lights in my '21 Longhorn, I decided not to get another set since they would completely eclipse the cargo lights, rendering them useless - swinging them out of the way of the cargo lights puts them in your way while loading stuff, so it's definitely a functionality trade-off (they do lift-off the hinges quite easily, though). I also remember they didn't swing completely clear of the Extange soft tonneau tailgate frame, which needed to be popped open and out of the way - which is not a problem with a BackFlip or an Ultra-Flex like mine - but they could stand to swing out just another 2" or so to clear. In all fairness, I think I had mounted mine a little higher. Getting to the factory cargo hooks was a challenge with these in the way, as well.

Looks good, Gnix! I hope they work out how you want them to.

Gnix

Reaction score
You are right on that. It works the best on retractable/roll up tonneau covers.

I have a car seat in the back (losing space under the seat)so I only use it to put my straps/hitch/small fishing gears in the box.

Other reason is I don’t have cargo lights. Lol it’s nearly $300 so I just use a battery operated at the back as needed.

Triton63

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this! I have had my eye on the swing cases for a while now. Glad to hear some of the cheaper ones work well. I keep a lot of tools and miscellaneous stuff in the truck but prefer the cab to be clean.. I regret not getting ramboxes.

Users who are viewing this thread