5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swing Case (Compensate for lack of Ram Box)

Z mann R2

Reaction score
Let’s just say I’ve been having a LOTTTTT of buyers remorse lately because I now realize I royaly screwed up by not grabbing a truck with the Ram Box. Ugh it makes me sick to my stomach to even think of it.
However I found a pretty cool little guy that can help ease my pain. Check it out:

She swings out too. Pretty neat!
744FD159-71E3-4F64-9556-47ABF76E8A80.jpeg F21B7924-1ACA-4424-BF1D-F5B82C27D3D2.jpeg

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Those are cool, but they partially block the bed lights (if you have them).
Otherwise, seems like a good product.

Cheers,

AdventureJunkie

Reaction score
I had the same thought about wither or not I should have gotten the ramboxes but haven't gotten the courage to drill into the body yet...

Also as mentioned the bed lights get blocked.

I think the biggest upset is now I don't get an outlet in the back of my truck without the ramboxes....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Rhombus

Reaction score
I had them on my previous truck and loved them. Just haven’t ordered for the new truck as I’ve been spending my money on other things for the truck

Z mann R2

Reaction score
Sounds
I had them on my previous truck and loved them. Just haven’t ordered for the new truck as I’ve been spending my money on other things for the truck
Sounds like you had both sides!

rnoggle

Reaction score
I have one of these on my truck. I really like it. Provides extra storage in normally wasted space. It doesn't interfere with anything I've carried.

The only drawback is if you have a bed cover that has a latching system that hooks to the underside of the bed rail, this will most likely block it. I have an extang trifecta cover. Every time i want to open the bed cover, I have to first swing out the box to get access to the cover latch.

Also, it blocks the little cargo tie down ring that is in the bottom corner of the bed.

Alptbird

Reaction score
I have used these for years, only issue I have really found with them is if you load them heavy, they don’t swing back and latch as easily. I have loaded them pretty heavy and had to give a touch of lift to get them to lock in place but once in place they work well. And once you take some of the weight out they work like planned. Just don’t fill them with tow chains and a heavy hitch. Tad much. It will hold fine. Just heavy. Now the normal items, tie downs, 2” hitch,little rope, hitch pin etc these are great.

Users who are viewing this thread