5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sway control

buffalobill

Reaction score
Do these rams have built in sway control ? I'm not talking about sway bars .

bazbob

Reaction score
Yes although it's tied into the active stability system and is automatic. After towing a trailer now for a few months I would not recommend that you rely solely on the trucks system. Get a good sway control hicth if you want a comfortable towing experience

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

buffalobill

Reaction score
I have a sway control hitch and wouldn't be without it even with a 3/4 ton , every safeguard helps .

Chanyote66

Reaction score
Sway control does depend on the length of your trailer primarily. my Travel Trailer only has a 3" frame, which eliminates almost all WD/Sway options since they usually start at 4" and larger frames. Our TT is only 19' and we do not have any issues with sway. I would love to get a WD/Sway setup but for smaller frame trailers they cost more than we paid for the TT... When we go longer it will have Sway on the trailer setup though.

Users who are viewing this thread