5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sway bar replacement opinions

Kooch80

Reaction score
I am interested in the opinion of fellow REBEL owners on the sway bar replacement. have you done it? would you do it again? what ride differences have you noticed? did it affect off road performance?

Last edited:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am interested in the opinion of fellow REBEL owners on the sway bar replacement. have you done it? would you do it again? what ride differences have you noticed? did it affect off road performance?
I think if you get a better sway bar it will flex less and be stiffer while offroad. I wish the rebel had an electronic swaybar release lol

SoCalBogey

Reaction score
Ya, I ran without front or rear sway bars on my built 5th gen Toyota 4Runner for
9 years and it was an off-road beast. I’m currently looking into building some quick disconnect away bar end links for the front and rear sway bars. If I were to do anything I’d look into a smaller diameter bar to have more independent flex. It makes a huge difference on trails.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ya, I ran without front or rear sway bars on my built 5th gen Toyota 4Runner for
9 years and it was an off-road beast. I’m currently looking into building some quick disconnect away bar end links for the front and rear sway bars. If I were to do anything I’d look into a smaller diameter bar to have more independent flex. It makes a huge difference on trails.
The only thing that worries me up front is the cv axle flexing too much and breaking lol for the rear I assume it would be sweet

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I installed a Roadmaster sway bar on my truck.

Here’s my install and my “review” of it.

Users who are viewing this thread