5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sway bar questions

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I recently lifted my front 2”, and it already had 1” with the ORP suspension. I just hooked the sway bar up and didn’t think much about it. Now I’m curious, should I be using some extended links for the sway bar with thus much lift?

On my previous truck, I removed the whole sway bar to gain articulation off road. I’m considering pulling this one as well to see how it feels on the Ram.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I recently lifted my front 2”, and it already had 1” with the ORP suspension. I just hooked the sway bar up and didn’t think much about it. Now I’m curious, should I be using some extended links for the sway bar with thus much lift?

On my previous truck, I removed the whole sway bar to gain articulation off road. I’m considering pulling this one as well to see how it feels on the Ram.
Nah, with 2”-3”, you’ll be fine with the stock links.

Cheers,

NJC1684

Reaction score

Should of bought this one: https://realtruck.com/p/hellwig-rear-sway-bars/v/ram/truck-1500/2019/ ($100 cheaper as well).

Scjon03

Reaction score
I extended mine to put the rear sway bar back leveled. I have the same setup, ORP w/ 2” front and 1” rear. Also installed Airlift Airbags and it added like 1/4 in with 5 psi in them. So the bar was way to high. Got the Hellwig 7962 11-14” end links and it worked perfectly.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I extended mine to put the rear sway bar back leveled. I have the same setup, ORP w/ 2” front and 1” rear. Also installed Airlift Airbags and it added like 1/4 in with 5 psi in them. So the bar was way to high. Got the Hellwig 7962 11-14” end links and it worked perfectly.

So you modified the rear, only? Any difference in ride quality after doing so?

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It was a mistake on the website, but it looks like they are honoring it for those who purchased.

After reading more on it, the Hellwig is a stiffer bar, which is not what I’m wanting as it would hurt articulation off-road.

Also, that hellwig was rear only, so wouldn’t have resolved my questions regarding front suspension after lift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/