5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sway Bar End Links with 3.5" Lift Questions

JustinCarpet

Reaction score
Hello all. Sorry if this has already been asked which I'm sure it has, I just haven't been able to find the answer to my question yet.

I am currently running Rough Country 3.5" N3 Loaded struts up front, with Readylift UCA's, and the Readylift 2" spacers in the rear for the lift. (stud snapped off one of the OEM struts up front and wasn't able to get a replacement for like a month so I just ordered the RC N3's) When I did the lift I did not put aftermarket sway bar links on the truck. The overall ride is still very good, honestly may be better up front than stock but geez the body roll is insane. I'm wanting to put a Hellwig Sway Bar on the rear of the truck, do I need to purchase longer end links along with the sway bar?

I would also like to eventually replace the rear shocks with Bilstein 5160's as they should accommodate the 2" lift right?

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes 5160's will accommodate 2 inches of lift. They will be valved very different and will ride different from front to back. You should have done the Bilsteins up front as well. You wouldn't have the body roll issue. And you probably would have saved some money.

JustinCarpet

Reaction score
Yes 5160's will accommodate 2 inches of lift. They will be valved very different and will ride different from front to back. You should have done the Bilsteins up front as well. You wouldn't have the body roll issue. And you probably would have saved some money.
Thanks for the info! I don't have the Bilstein's yet, Still just rocking the RC N3 loaded struts up front and the readylift 2" SST spacer in the back. Originally I was just going to throw the RL 3.5" SST on the truck but wasn't able to because I broke the stud off one of the front struts during the install and every OEM strut I could find was backordered. The truck is my daily driver, so my "solution" was to just put the preloaded struts up front to get me back on the road. The truck honestly rides pretty nicely, but I can definitely feel the back want to roll which is why I'm wondering about the Sway Bar End Links. You wouldn't happen to know if I need longer links if I want to run the Hellwig 7709 in the back would you?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I don't have the Bilstein's yet, Still just rocking the RC N3 loaded struts up front and the readylift 2" SST spacer in the back. Originally I was just going to throw the RL 3.5" SST on the truck but wasn't able to because I broke the stud off one of the front struts during the install and every OEM strut I could find was backordered. The truck is my daily driver, so my "solution" was to just put the preloaded struts up front to get me back on the road. The truck honestly rides pretty nicely, but I can definitely feel the back want to roll which is why I'm wondering about the Sway Bar End Links. You wouldn't happen to know if I need longer links if I want to run the Hellwig 7709 in the back would you?
If you order the Hellwig 7883 it comes with adjustable end links for 2-4" of lift. If you want to get the most out of the sway bar I would recommend getting the longer links for your lift.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Another route you could take is getting the Hellwig 7709 and order CORE 4X4 links for lifted trucks.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Highly recommend the Core 4X4 links.

You can always do a simple measurement on blacktop of your links now and how much longer they would need to be for the sway bar to be parallel to the ground. I personally wouldn't run an adjustable link as solid is better. Grab the 7709 or upgrade to the pricey new rear if you feel it's worth the cost. I ran the 7709 on my 4th Gen with no issues and Core4X4 links.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'd also highly recommend the Suspensionmaxx front sway bar end links. They helped with some of the float feeling I had, even with the Helwig rear sway bar set to stiffest setting

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/