5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swapping Trans from a SRT 392 Jeep

ouv

Reaction score
Do you all think it would be possible to swap our HP75 to a HP70 since there are places that can build the 70. Unless the 75 is the same and they just don't have any listings for the 75. I'm looking to AWD swap so that's why I was asking about the Jeep SRT 392 trans and tcase. I know our trucks have the auto AWD but how strong is that? I've had my 19 since December 26 of 2021. I beat on my truck a little, and it's still stock with a throttle booster. I did some good mods to my 12 1500 I had, but that 6 speed trans was holding me back. Found a good deal on a 5th gen with the features I want. I'm in no rush to do this type of swap. Currently saving to buy a 392 block or a good motor from a backyard in Detroit... I just want to make sure trans can handle power compared to my 6 speed. Thank you

IndianaRam

Reaction score
I was going to go with a built tranny from these guys. I talked to them on the phone, and they can build your tranny to take any punishment.
The only problem, you have to remove your tranny and ship it to them, they will rebuild it and ship it back.

Last edited:
Reactions: ouv

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Do you all think it would be possible to swap our HP75 to a HP70 since there are places that can build the 70. Unless the 75 is the same and they just don't have any listings for the 75. I'm looking to AWD swap so that's why I was asking about the Jeep SRT 392 trans and tcase. I know our trucks have the auto AWD but how strong is that? I've had my 19 since December 26 of 2021. I beat on my truck a little, and it's still stock with a throttle booster. I did some good mods to my 12 1500 I had, but that 6 speed trans was holding me back. Found a good deal on a 5th gen with the features I want. I'm in no rush to do this type of swap. Currently saving to buy a 392 block or a good motor from a backyard in Detroit... I just want to make sure trans can handle power compared to my 6 speed. Thank you
i would believe you would also have to swap out the transmission controller and have the main computer reprogramed to talk with the HP70.

if it was me I would do what indianaram said

ouv

Reaction score
I was going to go with a built tranny from these guys. I talked to them on the phone, and they can build your tranny to take any punishment.
The only problem, you have to remove your tranny and ship it to them, they will rebuild it and ship it back.
That shouldn't be an issue, I just wonder if I can tcase swap it. I also would love to have paddle shifters, I wonder if they can put in better solenoids in the built motor or something like that

Users who are viewing this thread