5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swapping Interior To Gain Heated & Vented Seats

Phi1Wh0

Reaction score
I have looked through the forums and cannot seem to find an answer on this. I have an opportunity to acquire a mint Laramie interior with heated and vented seats that I want to put into my Lone Star. I already have the 12" screen from a Laramie that had the same interior I want. Since the module is already situated to control the upgraded interior, is there anything I need to do with the computer once I put the seats in for them to be recognized and work properly? Or will this (hopefully) be a plug and play swap where the system will recognize the seats and they will operate correctly immediately upon installation?

Thank you all in advance!!!

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You will need to use AlfaODB to enabled the functionality.

Phi1Wh0

Reaction score
Is that the only thing. Will the seats be direct installs between the two, or well I need to chase wiring?

Cajun_

Reaction score
I've been wondering how to add ventilation to my rear seats. I wonder if I need new seats or just an alphaobd and the fans and buttons

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been wondering how to add ventilation to my rear seats. I wonder if I need new seats or just an alphaobd and the fans and buttons

You would need new seat pads as they are different than seats without. Otherwise you won't get any airflow from the ventilation fan. They installed the wrong foam in my driver seatback and had to replace everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online