5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swapping for 2021 Power Fold Tow Mirrors

ssick92

Reaction score
I have a 2020 1500 with the power fold standard mirrors. Now that the 2021 models have available power folding tow mirrors, has anyone tried to swap the 2020 power fold standard mirrors for the 2021 power fold tow mirrors?

awpratt79

Reaction score
I have a 2020 1500 with the power fold standard mirrors. Now that the 2021 models have available power folding tow mirrors, has anyone tried to swap the 2020 power fold standard mirrors for the 2021 power fold tow mirrors?
I just swapped my 2020 with non-power fold tow mirrors over to the power folding ones, you will also more than likely ,need new door modules so the truck knows what position the mirrors are in, folded down or in the up position so they adjust properly with the switches i had to change the module due to the power fold option. the only thing I am still working to find out, is the new mirrors have the rear guidance lights trying to find out if we can get them enabled. I have a message sent to Benny at all mopar parts he is the biggest help on the 4th gen site and think i have heard him mentioned on here before too!!!

Last edited:

pinzg35

Reaction score
To add to this...I tried swapping my '21 tow mirrors with standard mirrors and ran into a couple problems. First off, the side view cameras were not aligned correctly. They are not off by a lot, but you can tell the camera angle is off. Second, the power fold option is in whack. The mirrors would fold in after a few seconds and then when you try to fold them out, once fully extended the motor kept running like it still needed to go further. Seems like they didn't make this an easy plug and play...especially the more options the mirrors come with.

awpratt79

Reaction score
yeah I don't hjave side view cam at all, my originals were Tow mirrors with power adjust, heated, turn signal and puddle lights, the new one have power adjust, power fold, heated, turn signal and puddle lights, and the reverse guidance lights, everything excepr guidance lights work perfect!!!

mbarnes536

Reaction score
To add to this...I tried swapping my '21 tow mirrors with standard mirrors and ran into a couple problems. First off, the side view cameras were not aligned correctly. They are not off by a lot, but you can tell the camera angle is off. Second, the power fold option is in whack. The mirrors would fold in after a few seconds and then when you try to fold them out, once fully extended the motor kept running like it still needed to go further. Seems like they didn't make this an easy plug and play...especially the more options the mirrors come with.
When you replaced your mirrors, did you have to reuse your camera or did it come with it?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

pinzg35

Reaction score
When you replaced your mirrors, did you have to reuse your camera or did it come with it?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Both the tow mirrors and standard mirrors have the 360 camera. Some say an AlphaOBD can help you reconfigure it but not sure if that's really the case.

Madtrucker03

Reaction score
just picked my 2021 / and the only thing I don't like on the whole truck is the power tow mirrors, very hard to focus on the view in the mirror confusing , could cause a accident. they are chrome and stick way the hell out.

jman17

Reaction score
We’re you swapping same year same truck mirrors? Just tow to regular? I am being told by the dealer that this is an easy swap, plug and play, even with the 360. But your experience says otherwise

ManBOOYA

Reaction score
I have the same thing. 2020 big horn with power standard mirrors. I would also like to swap mine to power towing mirrors.
Currently I have snap on towing mirrors

pinzg35

Reaction score
We’re you swapping same year same truck mirrors? Just tow to regular? I am being told by the dealer that this is an easy swap, plug and play, even with the 360. But your experience says otherwisef
It's not plug and play when it comes to the 360 cameras but everything else is. The camera stitching will be off causing the side cameras point outward more (since the cameras on the tow mirrors are angled). I tried using AlphaOBD to correct this but since the truck came from the factory with tow mirrors, the sales code can't be changed. I was going to just live with the messed up stitching but with a truck this expensive, didn't want the camera to look goofy.

If you don't have the 360 camera, you should be fine long as your as swapping mirrors that have the same options ie. power fold, BSM, heat

Tymeks

Reaction score
It's not plug and play when it comes to the 360 cameras but everything else is. The camera stitching will be off causing the side cameras point outward more (since the cameras on the tow mirrors are angled). I tried using AlphaOBD to correct this but since the truck came from the factory with tow mirrors, the sales code can't be changed. I was going to just live with the messed up stitching but with a truck this expensive, didn't want the camera to look goofy.

If you don't have the 360 camera, you should be fine long as your as swapping mirrors that have the same options ie. power fold, BSM, heat
Is there a option list somewhere? I mean, where do we go to purchase this setup? I too have a 2020 with Power Folding mirrors ( no 360 ) and would like to swap over to the Power Folding Tow Mirros.

Tymeks

Reaction score
Bump to the top, looking for help on this as I’d like to upgrade my 2020 Power Folding non tow mirrors to the 2021 power folding tow mirrors. I don’t have the 360 camera, so it sounds like it’ll be easy.

Where do I buy what is necessary to make the swap happen?

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bump to the top, looking for help on this as I’d like to upgrade my 2020 Power Folding non tow mirrors to the 2021 power folding tow mirrors. I don’t have the 360 camera, so it sounds like it’ll be easy.

Where do I buy what is necessary to make the swap happen?
Also interested

Tymeks

Reaction score
I spent some time and found it.

Just go here >>

I just placed my order. Super easy and they have a really great install video as well.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I spent some time and found it.

Just go here >>

I just placed my order. Super easy and they have a really great install video as well.
GM style mirrors on a ram sounds like an abomination. $700 for the Ram style the way I want. Guess I'll stick with my snap on tow mirrors.

Users who are viewing this thread