5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swapping Chrome Bumpers and Grille on a 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn for Painted Ones

Jmward25

Reaction score
Howdy!

I am located in College Station, but willing to drive a couple hours to make this happen!

My 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn is Diamond Black Crystal Pearl-Coat , and I am hoping to find someone with painted bumpers and grille who needs chrome bumpers and grille. I know this is kind of a stretch, but every body shop I go to quotes me for brand new OEM parts that they are going to paint. The painted bumpers don't have to be Diamond Black, they can color match them, but I don't want to buy brand new parts and be stuck with my chrome parts. I considered vinyl wrap, but I would much rather see what this forum can do for me first. I know there are used parts available, but again, I would rather not have to worry about selling my chrome parts.

If you know anyone that could help, or even has used parts they are willing to sell cheap, let me know.
1576952908447015.JPG IMG_2686.JPG

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
If you search for OE parts i think a new front and rear non paintes bumper can be found fkr $500-$550.
Then paint to match and install. Then sell yours for ~$300-$400.

Im in the same boat of would like to get rid of my chrome, but not looking to spend $1.2k to do so.

dpdsurf

Reaction score
The chrome looks fine. Everyone has the painted bumpers. Chrome is more rare these days.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

dlrsavannah

Reaction score
Boom! Painted bumpers are fine lol. I was never a big chrome guy but when I saw the chrome on the front end of mine I couldn’t help but love it. Cleaning it after a road trip is some serious work but I don’t mind.

Mojo.

Reaction score
I know this is an old post, but I have a 2021 10th anniversary edition 1500 with every option except the RAM boxes because it has a topper on it. I can't stand the painted bumpers and want to swap them out with chrome.

Attachments

• 20240127_132323.jpg
    20240127_132323.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread