5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swapping Big Horn/Laramie grill for Rebel?

T_Strey5

Reaction score
Anyone have information on how difficult/easy it is to swap out either the Big Horn/Laramie grill for the Rebel's?

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have information on how difficult/easy it is to swap out either the Big Horn/Laramie grill for the Rebel's?
the rebel has a different bumper and driver/passenger fenders also i think it has different size headlamps too. for them reasons i believe it would be difficult and expensive.

Zebber

Reaction score
I thought about going to a Sport grill until I saw much I would have to change. Like to have it but don't want it that bad. The black grill is the one thing about my Rebel I don't like.

Troop2865

Reaction score
You might stop by the dealer and look at a Rebel side by side with a Bighorn, Laramie, or limited. I think they are more alike than you might think. Just looking at images on the Internet, it looks to me like athe top of the bumpers are shaped the same as are the fenders between the bumper and headlights. Manufacturers like to keep things as close as possible between models to share parts and cut costs.

There are custom grilles out that look nice such as T-Rex. Thus far the ones for the Rebel are still black.

Just my thoughts. I know there are others on here that no more than me about these trucks. I would at least give it a closer look.

blownout1500

Reaction score

Been looking into this. My assessment is that the rebel grill will fit, but there will be a ~2” gap between bottom of rebel grill and top of Bighorn bumper.

Good spot for a light bar ;)

Renderings below... not a huge fan of how it looks with the OEM Bighorn bumper, so I think I’m gonna wait until Im ready for a proper fabed bumper & fiberglass.

(EDIT: looking at this its definitely growing on me )

RD27

Reaction score
I’m curious the other way. Keeping the bighorn grille and adding the rebel bumper with its front skid plate to the bighorn instead

RD27

Reaction score
Been looking into this. My assessment is that the rebel grill will fit, but there will be a ~2” gap between bottom of rebel grill and top of Bighorn bumper.

Renderings below... not a huge fan of how it looks with the OEM Bighorn bumper, so I think I’m gonna wait until Im ready for a proper fabed bumper & fiberglass.

View attachment 27803

View attachment 27804
Is that bumper just one that you made for the render, or is that an actual aftermarket bumper. It looks perfect

dkatz

Reaction score
It is actually a giant rubber sticker... it just goes over the old bumper. Guess you get choice of plastichrome ... or rubber.

Call it an improvement and less than 500 it is done.

Patriotmobiledetail

Reaction score

View attachment 27803

View attachment 27804
love the wheels Haha
what wheel tire combo.is that

suspension?

Jordanwah17

Reaction score
Has there been any progress on this topic? New here and have a 2020 rebel but wanting to swap to a different grill

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
someone was able to fit a non rebel grill on the rebel truck.can it be done the way they did it:unsure:

Attachments

• TISDS_Galleries_13.jpg
    TISDS_Galleries_13.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 226

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
Got a 2021 Laramie and wanna do the rebel front to finish getting rid of all this chrome. Has anyone put this combo together on the front? Other than a bumper and grill anything else needing to be purchased

jellyballs

Reaction score
thinking about just going for it. From my understanding if I order the trim pieces under the headlights, rebel grill and rebel bumper I should be able to make it work? Wondering if the grill has the same attachment points as my laramie?

Also if anyone wants to photoshop a rebel front end on a white laramie crew cab without the sport hood that would be nice!
I currently have chrome bumpers so im either going to covert my truck into a night edition or just get weird and try this rebel look out if it works!

jellyballs

Reaction score
also considering the Built to Serve look it only I could find the paint codes for the bumpers and grill

Montag84

Reaction score
+1 I am interested as well. This thread discusses it: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/rebel-or-aftermarket-bumper.22935/ and I see you @jellyballs posted there too. My ideal setup would be the Laramie grille with the rebel bumper and night edition lower bumper/skid, but I don't think it's possible even if you get the filler panels under the headlight due to the different size/shape of the rebel vs the grille other trims. Not interested in making a rebel clone with also doing the grille. The stock fender flares to and front bumper not being flush together is driving me nuts and something I can't believe I did not notice before pruchasing.

Users who are viewing this thread