5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swapping air ride for coilover on 2019 ram 1500 limited?

Tysan2c12

Reaction score
Hey everyone I have had issues with my air suspension but wanting to swap it out with coil overs. Has anyone done this? Is there a kit I can buy. The dealer has done the older models but not the new body style yet. Any help? Thank you

Terb59

Reaction score
Hey everyone I have had issues with my air suspension but wanting to swap it out with coil overs. Has anyone done this? Is there a kit I can buy. The dealer has done the older models but not the new body style yet. Any help? Thank you

Sounds like you are happy with your truck but don’t like the suspension. But why keep it instead of trading in? I had problem with a 2015 air suspension so I traded in for 2019 Ram Limited. The beefed up the air suspension in 2019. I have not had any issues with air suspension to date. I have 48,000 on it. I towed my 9000-lb trailer without issues on many long haul trips. I would never consider replacing the air suspension. I live in Minnesota and haven’t had any of the air suspension issues in cold weather. Maybe I’m just lucky!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't have an answer for you, but I was wondering if you could tell us what issues you've had with your air suspension on your Limited. Unlike on 4th gens, I haven't really read about issues with this system on 5th gens.

Tysan2c12

Reaction score
Sounds like you are happy with your truck but don’t like the suspension. But why keep it instead of trading in? I had problem with a 2015 air suspension so I traded in for 2019 Ram Limited. The beefed up the air suspension in 2019. I have not had any issues with air suspension to date. I have 48,000 on it. I towed my 9000-lb trailer without issues on many long haul trips. I would never consider replacing the air suspension. I live in Minnesota and haven’t had any of the air suspension issues in cold weather. Maybe I’m just lucky!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love the truck and the look. It started getting cold here and now lights come on wanting me to service it and it will barely make it to normal mode. Do they make the limited without the air suspension?

Tysan2c12

Reaction score
I don't have an answer for you, but I was wondering if you could tell us what issues you've had with your air suspension on your Limited. Unlike on 4th gens, I haven't really read about issues with this system on 5th gens.
Started riding rough and won’t go up. Really don’t wanna spend money on it if it will likely fail again. Just rather spend money to swap it out.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I love the truck and the look. It started getting cold here and now lights come on wanting me to service it and it will barely make it to normal mode. Do they make the limited without the air suspension?
Depends on which market you are in. The Limited is available in Canada without air suspension, but not in the U.S.
Started riding rough and won’t go up. Really don’t wanna spend money on it if it will likely fail again. Just rather spend money to swap it out.
I'm sure it can be done, I'm just not sure which parts will need to be replaced. I know there were kits available for 4th gens. You may want to search on those, then contact the companies making them to see if they are working on a 5th gen kit.

Users who are viewing this thread