5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swapped Tires at Dealer - How much credit did you get on factory tires

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have many of you changed tires at the dealer? Upgrading to something like the Nitto Grapplers or BFG K02's. If so, how much did it cost you, and how much did the dealer give you as a credit for your factory tires? I figured if you are ever going to change them, do it before they leave the lot and miles get put on them.

Also, how are the K02's or Grapplers rated for towing? Are they a good balance for a daily city ride and also towing. Not offroading (rocks) but will be driving and pulling a travel trailer on soft sand ocean beaches, but airing down is all you really need. Did it with all weathers and no issues. But, these would look much nicer than stocks. Would love to hear how everyone's exchange went and how they ride and sound on the road.

SB89

Reaction score
I called my dealer the other day and they said they wouldn’t buy the tires back.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What tires did everyone go to? Will be towing a travel trailer 8,000 lbs full every weekend all summer onto the beaches so I need the rater for that. Load rating "E" I believe and a bit more to the tread for the sand like Nitto Grapplers or BFG K02's but don't want to sacrifice the smooth highway ride as 95% of the time will be daily driving this luxury pickup! What tires are the best of both worlds?

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm running 275 65 20 Falken AT3. I've been really impressed with the ride quality and quietness of them for an AT tire. I would do it again in heart beat.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm running 275 65 20 Falken AT3. I've been really impressed with the ride quality and quietness of them for an AT tire. I would do it again in heart beat.
Good to know. A little bit less expensive than Nitto's or BFG's comparable AT tire. What's the load rating? Do you know? Do they sound louder on the road?

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What brand tires come as the stock 20's? Curious as to how much they are worth originally before I even look into a swap and trade at dealership at delivery.

TonyHill376

Reaction score
Have many of you changed tires at the dealer? Upgrading to something like the Nitto Grapplers or BFG K02's. If so, how much did it cost you, and how much did the dealer give you as a credit for your factory tires? I figured if you are ever going to change them, do it before they leave the lot and miles get put on them.

Also, how are the K02's or Grapplers rated for towing? Are they a good balance for a daily city ride and also towing. Not offroading (rocks) but will be driving and pulling a travel trailer on soft sand ocean beaches, but airing down is all you really need. Did it with all weathers and no issues. But, these would look much nicer than stocks. Would love to hear how everyone's exchange went and how they ride and sound on the road.

Buy your one wheels and tire package and sell stock set. Sold mine for $1,000 and only spent $1800 on new setup.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Buy your one wheels and tire package and sell stock set. Sold mine for $1,000 and only spent $1800 on new setup.
What do you mean "Buy your one wheels and tire package". I assume the second part means you sold your stock tires privately for $1000

egnarp

Reaction score
My dealer gave me $200 for my Bridgestones. That's not much, but I needed a taller tire. I had them install 275/60-20 Michelin Defenders. Love the new tires.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good to know. A little bit less expensive than Nitto's or BFG's comparable AT tire. What's the load rating? Do you know? Do they sound louder on the road?

Everything you need to know right here my friend.
That's a nice site for getting the info.

I had Mich defenders on my other truck. Fantastic all season tires. Leave a little too be desired on looks if you want an aggressive tire, but nothing beats their ride quality and quietness.

Barney556180

Reaction score
My dealer gave $600 credit for the 20” OEM tires on my 2019 Laramie. Bought a set of Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs.

IMO the OEMs are very marginal in snow.

alangsam

Reaction score
What is your setup ? Limited 4x2 4x4? No leveling or lift?

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What is your setup ? Limited 4x2 4x4? No leveling or lift?
See my signature below. 4x4. Oh and I have 275 60....I punched 65 in my prior post... Sorry.

Here's a picture.

Attachments

• 20190120_151535.jpg
    20190120_151535.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dealer gave $600 credit for the 20” OEM tires on my 2019 Laramie. Bought a set of Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs.

IMO the OEMs are very marginal in snow.
That's a very good trade in. Not far off the retail there. I think the stock were goodyears.... But a low end tire? Can't remember.

gencon

Reaction score

I bought mine in December. It was snowing and it had car tires on it. Nitto's cost me $1100. Dealer gave no buyback for the factory tires

Users who are viewing this thread