5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swapped out my halogen's for Morimoto Hybrid

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
These are the LED's our trucks should have come with IMHO.

I ordered my truck with the halogens but wanted to upgrade to LED's because I was getting tired of the low light output. Much nicer now. these are the cheaper Morimoto's, these are "hybrid" not "XB". They are called hybrid because they use your orange incandescent factory bulb for the turn signal, but the rest (daytime, night time, and high beam) are all LED. You can also get a LED replacement bulb and swap it in if you want full LED all around.

Install was a lengthy process mainly because I don't really do much wrenching and I had a hard time getting the front fascia off, but in terms of plugging them in it's all "plug and play", no resistors needed, comes with everything in the box and you just plug it in (with the exception of pulling out your orange signal light and swapping it in but that takes literally 10 seconds per light.)

20211105_162453_.jpg

Last edited:

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I ordered my truck with the halogens but wanted to upgrade to LED's because I was getting tired of the low light output. Much nicer now. these are the cheaper Morimoto's, these are "hybrid" not "XB". They are called hybrid because they use your orange incandescent factory bulb for the turn signal, but the rest (daytime, night time, and high beam) are all LED. You can also get a LED replacement bulb and swap it in if you want full LED all around.

Install was a lengthy process mainly because I don't really do much wrenching and I had a hard time getting the front fascia off, but in terms of plugging them in it's all "plug and play", no resistors needed, comes with everything in the box and you just plug it in (with the exception of pulling out your orange signal light and swapping it in but that takes literally 10 seconds per light.)

View attachment 110319

Toss up some links and prices!

silver billet

Reaction score
I got them on ebay but they were roughly the same price ($916) here:

If you want the LED turn signal, then they also sell ($78) the replacement here:

The excellent install guide on youtube:

traviswalden

Reaction score

View attachment 110319
I just bought these and installed last week. How is your beam pattern? My driver side is perfect. But my passenger side is tilted. I contacted headlight revolution and they sent me a new headlight. I installed it tonight and the result is exactly the same. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

Attachments

• 43B7DDA6-99DD-424C-89B8-ADEB2CBA57F4.jpeg
    43B7DDA6-99DD-424C-89B8-ADEB2CBA57F4.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 109

silver billet

Reaction score
I just bought these and installed last week. How is your beam pattern? My driver side is perfect. But my passenger side is tilted. I contacted headlight revolution and they sent me a new headlight. I installed it tonight and the result is exactly the same. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

Yes that's how they are by design, the left side of each light tilts down slightly at the end to prevent blinding oncoming traffic.

Also I just discovered that you have to turn off the daytime running lights (DRL) in the uconnect settings, if you don't then the morimoto headlights will come on and off randomly. If you live in Canada like me, then you can't turn them off in uconnect (by law) so I guess I either have to send them back or find a way to hack in and turn them off.

$1000 for a pair?
thats oem money.
are the better? Cause they are not cheaper.

They definitely put out more lumens than the factory halogens, but they have a very sharp cut off line right above the hotspot; so there's a lot of light and then all of a sudden complete darkness above that line, which means you need to get your vertical alignment absolutely perfect; too low and you can't see much ahead of you, too high and you can see far but now you're blinding everybody. I think I have it dialed in pretty much perfectly now after about 3 to 4 adjustments.

Not too concerned about the money, I don't like the looks of the factory LED's which is the real reason I declined to get them when I ordered my truck.

WRS087

Reaction score

Me too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don’t send lights back just turn off DRL with a Tazer.

Users who are viewing this thread