5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swap trim panels possible?

stevestrike

Reaction score
Hey all, need some help if anyone is able please.

There is a trim piece next to the radio that is a "copper" or golden color in the Ram w/black appearance package. Not really sure why they chose this option, but it is what it is. I considered painting the trim pieces, but I wanted to find out if they are avaialbe for purchase in a black or other dark color first. Has anyone else ever noticed this? Is there a part# to purchase of these trim pieces in black?
Limited: maxresdefault.jpg
Laramie with Black package: 2019-Ram-1500-Laramie-13.jpg

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Following. I'm thinking about going body color with that piece, but haven't convinced myself it bothers me enough to start taking my interior apart.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Each trim level with the 12" screen has a different color and texture for that piece. It does not change based on option package or interior color, just vehicle trim level. Best place to get one is either the dealer or an online OEM supplier. Find out which one you like and order it up, or paint the one you have, that's up to you.

Also, welcome to the forums. Sounds like you have a Laramie? Or do you not have your truck yet and are just planning ahead?

stevestrike

Reaction score
thanks riccnick. I have a Laramie, but I haven't had a moment to update my signature for this board, been mostly lurking. Do you guys think there are part numbers for those things? How would you even begin to find them?

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
thanks riccnick. I have a Laramie, but I haven't had a moment to update my signature for this board, been mostly lurking. Do you guys think there are part numbers for those things? How would you even begin to find them?

They do have part numbers, as they are in fact, well, parts, lol. I believe it's a single piece construction integrated with the vents that flank the screen.

Here's the best place to start
https://lmgtfy.com/?iie=1&q=OEM+Ram+Parts

Users who are viewing this thread