5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swap to 5100 question

JOzzz

Reaction score
So I know the factory stance leans a little to the left per factory specs. Having said that, has anyone that has done the 5100 level noticed that the leaning is exacerbated after leveling? Right now I’m at about 1 1/2” difference between the left and right side.

I was thinking of switching the clip on the right from 5 to 4 to see if that evens it out. They are perched and installed exactly the same as factory, so unfortunately it’s not an install issue. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

boogielander

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
all trucks have that issue, doesn't matter what platform.
you can adjust the clip to compensate for it.

edit:
also, make sure you measure it with your usual load (occupant/ gas tank full or not, etc)

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also make sure that your clips are on the same setting now to eliminate that as a cause for your tilt. Then adjust them accordingly.

JOzzz

Reaction score
Thank you both for the replies. I verified that they are both on clip 5 now, so I’m guessing I should take the right side down to four instead of raising the left to 6 since clip 5 is the highest for the rebels?

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Ether i have Steve Buscemi eyes in Mr Deeds or something isnt right.... i have the Bilstein level, both my clips are on the same and my truck perfect leveled both side to side and front to back?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ether i have Steve Buscemi eyes in Mr Deeds or something isnt right.... i have the Bilstein level, both my clips are on the same and my truck perfect leveled both side to side and front to back?
Same, my truck is within 1/2" side to side. A 1.5" difference is huge, and definitely not right. Something is amiss to have that much differences from one side to the other.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Are you measuring from the frame or using the fender? Also make sure the perch isn't upside down, I only mention it because it's not unheard of and usually overlooked

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Same, my truck is within 1/2" side to side. A 1.5" difference is huge, and definitely not right. Something is amiss to have that much differences from one side to the other.
Agreed. I said "perfect" which is dramatic but mine is the same with 1/4 - 1/2"... op might want to check that out or have it looked at by someone. That cant be good in the long run id imagine? PLUS going down just one circlip is no where near going to help for 1 1/2". Each circlip setting is like 1/8 +/- of an inch. If hes at clip 5 now he would have to drop to stock height, clip #1, on the other just to get down 1 1/4" to match other. Something isnt right.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed. I said "perfect" which is dramatic but mine is the same with 1/4 - 1/2"... op might want to check that out or have it looked at by someone. That cant be good in the long run id imagine? PLUS going down just one circlip is no where near going to help for 1 1/2". Each circlip setting is like 1/8 +/- of an inch. If hes at clip 5 now he would have to drop to stock height, clip #1, on the other just to get down 1 1/4" to match other. Something isnt right.
It's definitely more than 1/8" difference between clip settings. It may not look like much if you are only looking at these spacing of the grooves on the strut, but each clip is like 1/2" difference in actual ride height

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
It's definitely more than 1/8" difference between clip settings. It may not look like much if you are only looking at these spacing of the grooves on the strut, but each clip is like 1/2" difference in actual ride height
Ah yes I stand corrected. You are right. Looked at the Bilstein sheet for clip settings before jumping back on here to reply, beat me to it. It is roughly 1/2 +/-. Ether way going from 5 to 4 for op wouldn't make it even. He would have to drop 2 - 3 clips or so, which again, that is not normal for 1 let alone 3. Shouldn't have to do that. Hopfully he gets it fixed and or looked at.

JOzzz

Reaction score
Are you measuring from the frame or using the fender? Also make sure the perch isn't upside down, I only mention it because it's not unheard of and usually overlooked
Fender. I’ll measure the frame tomorrow. The perch is definitely not upside down as I made that mistake the first time 🤦🏼‍♂️

JOzzz

Reaction score
Yeah something is off for sure. May my trip to Moab wasn’t without incident 🤷🏼‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread