5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swap multi-function buttons on back of steering wheel.

Ram’dit

Reaction score
I’d like to move my remote volume to left side of wheel and the multi-function (memory select/track forward/backward) to the right side. It seems more logical to me. I think this should be as simple as a few wire swaps.

Anyone have access to the wiring diagrams?

Thx.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Why is more logical to you are you a lefty by any chance lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There was a way with a PAC module on the older RAMs but I dont think there is for the newer one yet.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Before I went with Ram in 2014, my prior vehicles had the buttons reversed so it was a learning curve. I got use to it, if I switched back to say Ford, I'd be confused again. ;)

Ram’dit

Reaction score
Why is more logical to you are you a lefty by any chance lol

I guess after driving a Chevy Avalanche for 12years it’s habit to control with left hand. But in reality, if volume is in right hand it just seems easier and quicker to reach for knob. I drive a massive amount and most of the time I’m using my left hand. (I’m a righty).

I don’t think this would be difficult. Just need to remove pins from connector and swap. Anyone have a diagram?

Thx.

Sts

Reaction score
I feel the same way. Keep trying to control volume with left and change presets with right. I’ve been searching for a way to change ave have not find anything.

Ram’dit

Reaction score
I feel the same way. Keep trying to control volume with left and change presets with right. I’ve been searching for a way to change ave have not find anything.

Shouldn’t be any big deal. Just need the wiring schematics. Maybe a service tech can post them.

Neokane

Reaction score
I'm really surprised that these or user programmable options. I'm sure finding the wiring diagram would allow you to switch them. But I would think it would be easier to tell the "smart" radio to swap the controls..
I miss having all the controls on the left side of the steering wheel lile my tundra had.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Geezzzz I'm going to read another topic. The controls are just fine the way they are.

Users who are viewing this thread