5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swap LED Tech Package 3rd brake light for standard 3rd brake light?

deanno33

Reaction score
Hello. I currently have a 2022 Ram 1500 with the technology package. I recently picked up a used topper from a 2021 Ram but because the technology package third brake light sticks out too far, the topper won't slide far enough forward. Is it possible to replace the technology package third brake light with a standard flat third brake light? My thought was to keep them swapped while I'm using the topper. Then when I am not using the topper I could switch them back?

I guess I'm just not sure if the wiring harnesses behind the third brake light are the same or if it's going to create an issue or a code on my dash.

Whois502

Reaction score
The wiring is the same. I swapped the standard flat one for the tech group one with the camera. It should work without issues I would think.
I can sell you my old one if you need idk how much, i would have to do some research but it would be cheaper than brand new or message me an offer. Came off a 2022 1500 bighorn. It’s basically brand new. It does have LED cargo lights in in already but not the center brake light, which is still a halogen bulb. Can include the halogen bulbs if you want them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deanno33

Reaction score
Hey thanks. I did pick up and install a new one already. It was only 35 bucks. When not using the topper I will put the tech package one back on.

Users who are viewing this thread