5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suspension travel with Readylift 3.5" kit

illucid

Reaction score
Do you lose overall suspension travel when you do this kit? Is it still capable off road or is it more of a street lift lol?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not an offroad kit. It even says so on their website. You lose alot of travel and put your cv joints at risk.

Tommy R

Reaction score
I suspect most manufacturers of lifts like this have similar wording to cover their butts, but here's what ReadyLift states:
" ReadyLIFT products are NOT intended for off-road abuse. Any damage or failure as a result from off-road abuse voids the warranty of the ReadyLIFT product. ReadyLIFT is NOT responsible for any subsequent damages to any related vehicle parts due to misuse, abuse, improper installation, or lack of maintenance. Furthermore, ReadyLIFT reserves the right to change, modify or cancel this warranty without prior notice."

It's not stopping me from taking mine offroad.

toninski

Reaction score
Do you lose overall suspension travel when you do this kit? Is it still capable off road or is it more of a street lift lol?

I have a great ride 3.5 Ready Lift SST, didn't lose much from the original ride Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 6.51.17 PM.png

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
This is from the Readylift website in their Q&A section, it clarifies why the say no offroad use.

Q-- I see in the description it says "not intended for offroad use"? Seriously? What is the point of a lift kit, other than mall cruising? Please tell me this is a typo.

from ReadyLIFT BK
· a month ago

A-- Light to mild off pavement, gravel roads, etc driving is perfectly fine. The vehicle is still equipped with OEM components(CV shafts, steering, struts, etc) and they are not designed for heavy off road use. This is why we recommend "not intended for off road use".

Users who are viewing this thread