5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

suspension question

bibboboutkhil

Reaction score
I want to upgrade my suspension to the bilstein 6112/5160 with Icon 1.5" dual rate springs for the rear. My truck is a 2019 Laramie 1500 without the off road package. If I have the icon 1.5" springs in the rear what setting do I need to set the coil over springs in the front to keep it leveled?

mrclortho

Reaction score
At least on my truck, a 1.5" increase in height on the front leveled it out. I have 3.5" front, 2" rear and she is level.

Npenson

Reaction score
I have a 21 Laramie w/o off road package and went clip 7 and off road rear springs (add about a inch). I have about 3/4" of rake which worked out well for me since I tow a boat a lot. So you probably will need to go clip 8 to be level.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Fox 2.5's which can get close to 3 inches. That's just a touch higher than your 6112's. I still had rake. Then I added rear springs that are supposed to be the same as stock ORG length but up to 1.5 inches more according to the manufacturer. I was hoping I would get none but I think it did give me a touch. So, I would go the whole 2.6 inches on your fronts.

Shine006

Reaction score
I didn’t lol. Found out after they were installed and haven’t gotten around to ordering Dang kids and all their activities. I love the springs but they do clack going over any bumps.

Users who are viewing this thread